Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAP 1 Finance exam query?

Options
  • 22-08-2012 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have obtained a 3.5 yr contract with an accounting firm and therefore must do all my accounting professional exams.

Unfortunately I did not obtain all my CAP1 exemptions and now have to sit a Finance exam on the 13th of September.

Would ye know of anywhere I could get grinds for this subject prior to sitting the exam?

And also, how hard is the CAP1 exam with relation to college exams?

I am after finishing Business Studies in UL.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cabbage11

Don't know of any grinds at CAP 1 level, the institute run a revision course but it may be over at this stage. Attached is the summer 12 paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

UL2012 wrote: »
    I have obtained a 3.5 yr contract with an accounting firm and therefore must do all my accounting professional exams.

Unfortunately I did not obtain all my CAP1 exemptions and now have to sit a Finance exam on the 13th of September.

Would ye know of anywhere I could get grinds for this subject prior to sitting the exam?

And also, how hard is the CAP1 exam with relation to college exams?

I am after finishing Business Studies in UL.

Thanks.

It's pretty much Finance at college level. Ring up the ICAI, ask them for access to their site. Download the syllabus (it's called the competency statement) and that'll show you whats covered. I'd also have a browse through boards in the meantime. Look at CAP1 threads and see if people have already posted up Finance questions.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

there ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mamo13

can u attach cap1 accounting and finance questions &solutions 2011-2012 pliz ,,, need them to practise for my exams ,, too poor to register with CAP1 just for the past exam papers,, im doing honours in accounting &finance in an IT college

Advertisement