Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which is more important? CL/League/FA Cup/Mickey Mouse Cup/Charity Shield

• 22-08-2012 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Which is more important?

CL
    League
    FA Cup
    MM Cup
    Charity Shield (option included for city fans)

Which one? 75 votes

Champions League
    0%
    League
    37%
    tiborChucky the treeevad_lhorgrecyclebinstesaurusLuckyLloydMUSEISTarodabombHank Scorpiokeane2097miralizeAwayWithFariesInspector CoptoorDrexelGavRedKing8-10greendomMadworldskeleton_boyEathrin 28 votes
    FA Cup
    56%
    SuprSiKingp35_blank_mayordenisRoddy23bad2dabonechopperbyrnehomerjay2005eventFuzzy_DunlopXavi6bullvinedmigsymeriwetherDozen Wicked WordsDancorKess73Lamper.sffcHalloweenJacktitan18 42 votes
    MM Cup
    0%
    Charity Shield (City Fan)
    6%
    ArmaniJeanssGLaDOSniallo27Oat23Kiwi_knock 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

League
    Can this poll only be used by United fans as we are having a big debate about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

FA Cup
    recyclebin wrote: »
    Can this poll only be used by United fans as we are having a big debate about it?

public poll, would have thought the answer to that was obvious

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Charity Shield (City Fan)
    Leinster Senior Cup

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

League
    The Champions League is the pinnacle for club sides in Europe, if your club is in it then it surely should be the trophy you want more then rest as you've beat the best teams in Europe to claim it.

I'd hold the UCL slightly highed then EPL but it perspective, if you supported a team outside the top 5 or 6, what you think is more important becomes all relevant too your league position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

serious lack of Atari Jaguar option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

FA Cup
    It's hard to seperate the League from the CL. I guess for non Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal the League is still the most important. Whereas for the trio named the CL is the priority. I think winning the CL without winning the league diminishes the importance a little.

As a City fan, I would love to win both, but at this time I would consider retaining the league to be more important than winning the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

I'm a big johnstones paint trophey man myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Really :rolleyes:

Its not even close..............

Waterford U11 schoolboy league
    (theres a 9 year old winger thats going to make Messi look average :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

FA Cup
    I feel you have to win your league along with the Champions league to truly deserve the title of best in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The most important one is the one your team wins apparently. Case in point, some sections of Liverpool fans celebrating the Carling Cup as if it was the CL, if Utd won it this season it would be the worst cup in the world.

Personnally:
    League
    CL (or other european)
    FA Cup
    The rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

most leagues are usually between just 2 or 3 teams wheras upsets happen more often in the cl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

FA Cup
    From a Liverpool point of view, the choice would be the League, as they didn't win it in ages.

From a Borussia Dortmund point of view the Championsleague, because that one needs most of the improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

FA Cup
    this should really be kept to the united thread or united fans only, seen as it comes from the anarchy that has broken out there in the past hour or two.

liverpool fans and chelsea fans right now, will say the champions league is the priority, as its the last big competition both have won and both at the end of last season were miles from winning a league title.

other clubs supporters also will pick the CL over the league, as will alot of City fans as they are league winners and will like to move on, HOWEVER all things considered, right now in my opinion league title if priority 1 for all united fans and its not even close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

FA Cup
    Des wrote: »

Considering your lot currently hold nothing, you'd be grateful for it :o

FA Cup
    Xavi6 wrote: »

my lot are also your second lot. :confused:

I'm happy with what we've done this season, we aren't going to go back down, and won't be in europe next season, which means we can consolidate, possibly under a new manager, and make a push to finish further up the league next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

I'm happy with what we've done this season, we aren't going to go back down, and won't be in europe next season, which means we can consolidate, possibly under a new manager, and make a push to finish further up the league next season.

I doubt anyone would think any less of you if you admitted to being a United fan Des.

FA Cup
    I doubt anyone would think any less of you if you admitted to being a United fan Des.

and who were you previously? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

FA Cup

Come on Des, you're not fooling anyone. More Red Devil than Sir Bobby, Eamon Holmes and Mick Hucknell put together.

FA Cup
    Mick bleedin Hucknall?

fúck off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

and who were you previously? :confused:

Someone that thinks its kinda silly to pretend not to support someone when you clearly do.

But you can call me Bebe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

FA Cup
    The league is bread and butter. Thats 1.

The CL is the pinnacle, but is a different competition with different requirements. 2.

FA cup. Distant 3, sadly.

Mickey Mouse cup is well named.

Charity shield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

FA Cup
    I'd prefer the league, tbh.

It involves pipping your rivals to the title and proves you are the best team in the country. The CL involves a certain amount of luck and it can't be 100% certain that the CL winner was the best team in Europe that year. I doubt anyone would say that about Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

League
    this should really be kept to the united thread or united fans only, seen as it comes from the anarchy that has broken out there in the past hour or two.

liverpool fans and chelsea fans right now, will say the champions league is the priority, as its the last big competition both have won and both at the end of last season were miles from winning a league title.

other clubs supporters also will pick the CL over the league, as will alot of City fans as they are league winners and will like to move on, HOWEVER all things considered, right now in my opinion league title if priority 1 for all united fans and its not even close.

That wasnt the question, it was what is more important.

The UCL is the most important trophy in European club football, hence why I choose that option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

FA Cup
    League
    CL
    FA cup
    EL
    LC
    Charity shield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Des is a Man United fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

League for me as best team always win it. CL is bigger day out if get to final, but most of time the best team in Europe does not win CL.

Dont get me wrong, CL is huge to win, but for reasons mentioned above I think you can get lucky and win CL. 99% of time best team wins the league.

Still I take winning a trophy like Carling Cup over winning nothing. Trophy is a trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

FA Cup
    League for me as best team always win it. CL is bigger day out if get to final, but most of time the best team in Europe does not win CL.

Dont get me wrong, CL is huge to win, but for reasons mentioned above I think you can get lucky and win CL. 99% of time best team wins the league.

Still I take winning a trophy like Carling Cup over winning nothing. Trophy is a trophy.

The Carling is inferior to a top 4 finish.

So is the FA cup. Sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

FA Cup
    Xavi6 wrote: »

I wouldn't say so, we 'won' it last year but I still consider last season trophyless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

FA Cup
    <delete>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

League
    A lucky team may win the champions league but the best teams in Europe will win it more than once.

The results of this poll are going to be skewed depending on who you support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Where's the 'any of the above' option for us Arsenal fans? :pac:

Advertisement