Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a cordless drill please

• 22-08-2012 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    my Argos 'Challenge' drill has almost died - or at least the battery has.I presume it's pointless looking for a battery.
    Can anyone recommend a 'good cheap' cordless drill? I don't use it very often.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

fixie fox wrote: »
    Hello,
    my Argos 'Challenge' drill has almost died - or at least the battery has.I presume it's pointless looking for a battery.
    Can anyone recommend a 'good cheap' cordless drill? I don't use it very often.

A good second hand Panasonic, dewalt, makita or hilti would be the best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hipdoobloon

Try eBay or done deal for 2nd hand Panasonic or Hilti as they really are super drills and I say 2nd hand bcos I've bought both new and there pricey but quality and i really think u should stay away from dewalt ****e bcos its black and decker in yellow casing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I bought this one recently from amazon.

Not sure what definition of "Cheap" is regarding this. €80ish, might be out of the question...

Very happy with it so far; battery life is good, and spare battery with charger makes it pretty reliable.
    Have seen it in Homebase for €75, but without the battery.

Only downside is that it only comes with a single screwdriver bit, so i had to buy a set of bits as well; but if you already have a drill you probably have all the bits you need anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

B&Q have a 15% off event this weekend on power tools.

I bought an 18v Mac cordless hammer drill/screw gun and am very happy with it.

2 fast charging Lithium batteries with it and a drill bit set too.Got it for 60 euro in B&Q a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭1865

I have had a lot of luck with the Argos Challenge stuff as well as B&Q's performance stuff.

I try to buy during sales or clearances and as they are usually very cheap you don't have to worry too much about them

• Advertisement
Advertisement