Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Drums & Guitar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

you'll need these too.......

the guitar will be fine, the amp will be just alright (with an adapter) but if you get a zoom multi effects unit off ebay for under £20 it'll open aload of opportunities

as to the drums?

sorry, not a clue, but I'm GUESSING that it'll be more a toy than a gigging kit.

but hey!

they're 5 & 6!!!

I wish my folks had bought ME instruments at that age!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mammamia17

Cheers for that....Are the ear defenders for me or them????
    the guitar will be fine, the amp will be just alright (with an adapter) but if you get a zoom multi effects unit off ebay for under £20 it'll open aload of opportunities

I have no idea what that is or what it does so it'll probably have to wait until they show some potential or continued interest....
    as to the drums?

sorry, not a clue, but I'm GUESSING that it'll be more a toy than a gigging kit.
    :)
    I expect so...for the minute anyway.....can't see them rocking out any AC/DC numbers for a while yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

you'll need these too.......

as to the drums?

but hey!

they're 5 & 6!!!

I wish my folks had bought ME instruments at that age!!!

To be honest, getting effects for a 5 or 6 year old is pointless. At that age they'll be more than content with strumming away never mind trying to mess around with an effects board. I couldn't even read properly at that age never mind mess around with effects patches!

As for the kits, they're grand. Unless you're planning on setting up a Jackson 5-esque kid band that'll gig around the world, they're more than perfect for kids to whack away on. Maybe try and find someone to tune the drums if you can't do it yourself (there's hundreds of tutorials online) and buy a tuner for the guitar. You'll be hearing a hell of a lot of noise, so you want to make it sound as pleasant as possible.

As for the ear defenders, trust me, you'll definitely want a set.

Other than that, get them lessons to teach them how to play, it's not something they'll pick up themselves at that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mammamia17

To be honest, getting effects for a 5 or 6 year old is pointless. At that age
    they'll be more than content with strumming away never mind trying to mess
    around with an effects board. I couldn't even read properly at that age never
    mind mess around with effects patches!

As for the kits, they're grand.
    Unless you're planning on setting up a Jackson 5-esque kid band that'll gig
    around the world, they're more than perfect for kids to whack away on. Maybe
    try and find someone to tune the drums if you can't do it yourself (there's
    hundreds of tutorials online) and buy a tuner for the guitar. You'll be hearing
    a hell of a lot of noise, so you want to make it sound as pleasant as
    possible.

As for the ear defenders, trust me, you'll definitely want a
    set.

Other than that, get them lessons to teach them how to play, it's
    not something they'll pick up themselves at that age.

Thanks....will do!!

Advertisement