Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIT Marketing Level 8

Options
  • 22-08-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Looking for feedback on this course please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RachelLeanne

Hi, Im heading into 3rd year now of Marketing.
    Honestly, its a very handy course to have, its not too overly specified so you can go a lot of different ways with it. The downside of it is that a lot of the modules are totally irrelevant and it seems like they are only put there to fill up space.
    You can do a language too though which is great, Im doing Spanish and its so handy to have a language!

If you have any more questions feel free to ask, Iv 2 years down now so I'm sure I can help you!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 brenda1

Which modules are irrelevant? would be useful to know in advance:)

Ah theres a few maths and accounting ones that you only ever do once so it seems kinda pointless.. They seem to have nothing at all to do with marketing!

Thanks for that. Do you know if there is a work placement with the course and if so do CIT provide the placement or do you have to find it yourself?

brenda1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Do you know if there is a work placement with the course and if so do CIT provide the placement or do you have to find it yourself?

Ha no I wish there was! Work placement is seriously neede in this course but theres none in any of the 4 yrs! Its a new enough course though and there was talks of introducing it but nothings happened on that yet, they are fairly slow to respond to class requests though..

• Advertisement

I really appreciate your help. The very best of luck to you with the degree.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ReemAddict

I just have few questions about the course:

Are three many presentations? If so, are you with partners or on your own? I'm very shy?
    Is the course hard?
    What is the timetable like for first years? Hectic?
    What are the exams like?
    Is the course enjoyable?
    Anything you hate about the course?

Thanks,

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ShaneCliff

ReemAddict wrote: »

Are three many presentations? If so, are you with partners or on your own? I'm very shy?
    Is the course hard?
    What are the exams like?
    Is the course enjoyable?

Thanks,

Stephen

Figured I'd answer this to save someone else having to ask it!!

In first year Marketing currently.
    There are a few presentations in first year, half on your own and the rest in groups. I have social anxiety, but doing presentations from the get go is actually really helpful and helps you get over your nerves and become more confident.
    I love the course, so I don't find it hard tbh.
    21-23 hours a week, so pretty busy alright. About 5 lectures a day.
    Haven't had too many exams but I've done very well in the ones I've done so far with a lot of study, as I want good grades.
    Love the course, most lectures and have made great friends from knowing one when I walked in.
    Hate Maths, both the labs and the lectures, boring as, and don't like the lecturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ShaneCliff

ReemAddict wrote: »

Is the course hard?
    What are the exams like?
    Is the course enjoyable?

Thanks,

Stephen

Figured I'd answer this to save someone else having to ask it!!

In first year Marketing currently.
    There are a few presentations in first year, half on your own and the rest in groups. I have social anxiety, but doing presentations from the get go is actually really helpful and helps you get over your nerves and become more confident.
    I love the course, so I don't find it hard tbh.
    21-23 hours a week, so pretty busy alright. About 5 lectures a day.
    Haven't had too many exams but I've done very well in the ones I've done so far with a lot of study, as I want good grades.
    Love the course, most lectures and have made great friends from knowing one when I walked in.
    Hate Maths, both the labs and the lectures, boring as, and don't like the lecturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 delta1980

Hi I know this thread is up a while but have been looking online for feedback or info from anyone who has done the part time digital marketing course (part time course) . would you know anything about it? Tia
    http://www.cit.ie/course/CRBDMRK8

• Advertisement
Advertisement