Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Most Hated Premier League XI (Mod Note#63)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

tdv123 wrote: »
    3 pages & nobody has mentioned Rio Ferdinand.

He's one of the most dis-likeable players in the world.

See my selection. ;)

Never liked Rio, the less Twetting himself and Barton do the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Why don't you just rename it 'the who can get the most Liverpool players in a hated team thread' :rolleyes:

GK: Is there one?
    RWB: Evra ( serial liar, makes up racism charges, the French national team debacle, as the Everton game the other night, is hated by many teams fans )
    LWB: Bridge ( for preferring to earn cash and not even play or train properly than take a wage cut and play )
    CB: Terry ( affairs, racism charges, tours )
    CB: Rio (tweets what he wants about other clubs, and races now too )
    CB: Gallas (no loyalty to clubs, said he would score an own goal against his own team rather than play out of position )
    CM: Scholes ( awful dirty player, knows what he's doing & gets away with it)
    RM: Young ( serial diver throughout his career )
    LM: Bale ( serial diver, over-rated, faked injury to get out of olympics )
    ST: Tevez ( refusal to play, loves the cash )
    ST: Adebayor ( awful awful greedy player with no loyalty, Arsenal celebration )

Any team without suarez is obviously taking the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Or just a Liverpool fan who can't see beyond their own obsession

SlickRic wrote: »
    well done on somehow avoiding Chelsea players there Gav.

There never has and never will be a hated Chelsea player. :o

/ Runs
    If I'm being honest Terry and Cole would be in everybodies XI and if Drogba was around I'm sure he'd be in a few too, however I'm never honest. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Not most hated but certainly disliked (Most for no sensible reason)

Krul - Silly looking head on him

Ridgewell -

Terry -

Cole - Bad person

Hutton- Bad footballer

Noble - Seems like a knob

Ashley Young - I'm a Villa fan and i even disliked him when he played for us.

Lee Cattermole - Annoying face

Adam -

Rooney - No explanation needed

Suarex - No explanation needed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

GavRedKing wrote: »
    See my selection. ;)

Never liked Rio, the less Twetting himself and Barton do the better.

Oh, yes I see that now, is that all you hate about him? I hate his smugness.

And his catchphrase "Merk". You just got merked wazza.....yaaaaaaaayy

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

Someone needs to do some research before mouthing off.

Fine, change it to just the fact he said he would give a rematch to Ireland after the Henry handball incident, but only on the playstation. Or the way he called Arsenal 'a football training centre' for other clubs. Or the fact he acts like a grade A <lovely person> on the pitch. Take your pick.

tdv123 wrote: »
    Oh, yes I see that now, is that all you hate about him? I hate his smugness.

And his catchphrase "Merk". You just got merked wazza.....yaaaaaaaayy

I dont like his weird curly lip thing.

Says the underwear model. :p :cool:

AGC wrote: »

Or because I don't hate him, so I didn't pick him in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont like his weird curly lip thing.

Says the underwear model. :p :cool:

You always get the feeling you want to feed him a carrot when you see him.

Right we've got to 4 pages without abuse and I'm frankly astonished it got this far but leave the Personal Abuse out when picking your XI or else I'll lock this and you'll pick up cards.

One and only warning folks.

Or because I don't hate him, so I didn't pick him in my team.

Well seen as you brought race into 3 of your selections but left out themost controversial race story of the year its fairly obvious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Steve Finnan or else the Chelsea ground member. I'm pretty sure one of them was public related and the other he reported. The Suarez incident is still debatable IMO.

Grand, you don't have a clue. carry on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

None
    Gallas
    Rio
    Terry
    Cole
    Pennant
    Barton
    De Jong
    Hazard
    Suarez
    Adebayor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Fine, change it to just the fact he said he would give a rematch to Ireland after the Henry handball incident, but only on the playstation. Or the way he called Arsenal 'a football training centre' for other clubs. Or the fact he acts like a grade A <SNIP> on the pitch. Take your pick.

dont forget this video of someone so offended by the N word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Crap thread, why should players be hated by other fans, this sort of tribal stupor is one of the only things i dislike about football in general.

This sort high horse shíte is one of the things that I dislike about some football fans.

It's football. Fans don't like some players, get over it. You don't have to take the word ''hate'' literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he's such a pantomime villain, it's hysterical.

Rooney, Adebayor, Tevez all have legitimate reasons to be hated too.

let me guess, you're both Utd fans, hence the need to focus on Suarez?

TBH I always found it funny how United fans had no hatred towards Suarez at all, well any I know or see on social network sites, until one day when Ferguson randomly brought him up out of nowhere in an interview and called him a diver.

No im not.....Just find it funny how racism is his reason for 3 selections but yet Suarez is out....Throw in his diving and constant moaning, even in the Olympics, he is a shoe in for most. As can be seen by everyone elses selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

None
    Gallas
    Rio
    Terry
    Cole
    Pennant
    Barton
    De Jong
    Hazard
    Suarez
    Adebayor

That is a pretty good team,all disliked for the right wrong reasons and not just on team bias......
    Surprised CR7 has gotten no mentions or maybe i missed it..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Ah seriously though even the most staunch Liverpool fan has to hate Suarez, not for any personal reasons but purely for the fact he is fcuking sh*t. Should've scored 4 or 5 at the weekend but missed every one of them, he was the sole reason Liverpool ended in 8th last year, if he scored even half the chances that he was given Liverpool would be in the champions league this year.

dahat wrote: »
    That is a pretty good team,all disliked for the right wrong reasons and not just on team bias......
    Surprised CR7 has gotten no mentions or maybe i missed it..........

You missed that he went to Real Madrid years ago, and therefore is not in the Premier League anymore. Madrid is in Spain and Real play in La Liga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

TBH I always found it funny how United fans had no hatred towards Suarez at all, well any I know or see on social network sites, until one day when Ferguson randomly brought him up out of nowhere in an interview and called him a diver.

Some might consider biting an opponent as a reason to question a character before any of this.

GK: Roody - Just cause he had a great game V Liverpool at Anfield
    RB: Evra - Just dont like him
    CB: Terry (C) - Dirty player
    CB: Rio - Cheat
    LB: Cole - Horrible person
    CM: Scoles - Dirty player who cant tackle
    CM: Lampard - Cant tackle see Xabi Alonso
    CM: Barton - No need to explain
    RW: Rooney - Dirty player who kicks out and then cries when punished
    LW: RVP - Just dont like him after what happened this summer
    CF: Tevez - Again refusing to play not good

donalg1 wrote: »
    You missed that he went to Real Madrid years ago, and therefore is not in the Premier League anymore. Madrid is in Spain and Real play in La Liga.

Seems i got it wrong,yes,being an asshole about it,you win!.......i am quite aware of where Madrid is etc..........

No im not.....Just find it funny how racism is his reason for 3 selections but yet Suarez is out....Throw in his diving and constant moaning, even in the Olympics, he is a shoe in for most. As can be seen by everyone elses selection.

What 3?

As for his 'diving'? Number of times Suarez was booked last season for diving - 1. Gary Neville explains here what he thinks of it.

Around 11 minutes in. Because he had this reputation that Ferguson brought up out of nowhere, people now believe that he dives when he more often the not is being fouled.

Everyone moans. Again he got booked for throwing his hands in the air once. A Liverpool player got an elbow in the face a few minutes earlier, think it was Suarez, can't remember now tbh, think it was Ollson that done it and got away with it. People have an agenda with Suarez and it's very obvious to see. Just look at this thread!!

dahat wrote: »
    Seems i got it wrong,yes,being an asshole about it,you win!.......i am quite aware of where Madrid is etc..........

Em no need for the name calling there dahat, I dont care about it so wont report it but still needless really.

I was messing with you lighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'll try: in a 3-5-2 formation

De Gea. Only because he's impossibly thin and looks like a hipster trying out football for the first time.

Hutton. No place on a football pitch.
    Terry. No real explantion needed.
    Ferdinand. Merk merk. Please piss off.
    Shawcross. A thug.
    A Cole. Mostly for the "swerving off the road" contract.

Barton. Hugely inflated view of his own self importance. A complete waste of sperm.
    Gerrard. Purely because he dived against Andorra.
    Nasri. Money chasing, disruptive little twat. Arsenal are well shot of him.

Rooney. So, so many reasons.
    Tevez. Again, not really much of an explanation needed here. Seems like a tool off the pitch too.

I'm surprised Nasri has escaped any line ups. Considering a City fan ironically named RVP in the 11 due to 'what happened this summer'. Nasri went to City with all grace and best wishes didn't he.

Edit: Just noticed he made his appearance in the above post.

I'm surprised Nasri has escaped any line ups. Considering a City fan ironically named RVP in the 11 due to 'what happened this summer'. Nasri went to City with all grace and best wishes didn't he.

City in my name is Derry City, does the 5 in signature not give a clue to which English team I follow

What 3?

As for his 'diving'? Number of times Suarez was booked last season for diving - 1. Gary Neville explains here what he thinks of it.

Around 11 minutes in. Because he had this reputation that Ferguson brought up out of nowhere, people now believe that he dives when he more often the not is being fouled.

Everyone moans. Again he got booked for throwing his hands in the air once. A Liverpool player got an elbow in the face a few minutes earlier, think it was Suarez, can't remember now tbh, think it was Ollson that done it and got away with it. People have an agenda with Suarez and it's very obvious to see. Just look at this thread!!

People have an agenda/hate him because of the way he acts and what he has done. Simple as.

He(and he is not the only one) is generally the first player in the referees face having a moan, no matter where the incident took place, he has served lenghty bans in both England and Holland for biting an opponant and comments made towards another player. How he acted in the aftermath of that doesn't help.

Also, i may be wrong in this but think I saw something on twitter about him headbutting a ref when he was younger!!

Lovely bloke.

People have an agenda/hate him because of the way he acts and what he has done. Simple as.

He(and he is not the only one) is generally the first player in the referees face having a moan, no matter where the incident took place, he has served lenghty bans in both England and Holland for biting an opponant and comments made towards another player. How he acted in the aftermath of that doesn't help.

Also, i may be wrong in this but think I saw something on twitter about him headbutting a ref when he was younger!!

Lovely bloke.

Salt of the earth that lad.

donalg1 wrote: »
    Em no need for the name calling there dahat, I dont care about it so wont report it but still needless really.

I was messing with you lighten up.

Judgement of the reply wrong,apologies.....

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

DeGea (see pic)
    Cashley Cole
    Patricia Evra
    Shawcross
    Nasri
    Nani goat
    Stephen 'I can't take a joke about being baldy' Ireland
    Young
    Rooney
    Adebayor
    Robbin Van Quisling

City in my name is Derry City, does the 5 in signature not give a clue to which English team I follow

Ok apologies I got your club wrong, silly of me to assume City only relates to one club I admit and I take that back, your sig isn't visible on the phone for some reason but my point on Nasri remains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Why are you sutprised s Utd fan would pick a Livrrpool player? Better that than brnding ovrr backwards to not offend anyone!

There's nothing wrong with someone putting Suarez in, obviously people hate him, it's people that just have a full 11 of him that are just stupid IMO, very childish. Also didn't like the way that he had to be included in everyone's team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Some positions are difficult to choose once you have put in the obvious candidates.

GK: Szczesny

RB: Ivanovic
    CB: Terry
    CB: Gallas
    LB: Cole

CM: Gerrard
    CM: De Jong
    CM: Barton

LW: Young
    CF: Suarez
    RW: Pennant

I think most people would say my choices are reasonable.

Surprised Gerard is mentioned as much. Wouldn't have him in there, class act IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Owen_S wrote: »
    Some positions are difficult to choose once you have put in the obvious candidates.

Ivanovic?

Owen_S wrote: »

I dont get the Gerrard one and I am a Utd fan, I think he is class as a player and really just gets on with it, without the crap some bring. Got to admire his committment and loyalty to Liverpool too.

Off for a wash now.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

This is just silly and childish tbh, its just man city fans naming utd players, Utd fans naming Lpool players and vice versa.

Id be inclined to name a team of 11 utd players and Id think I was being totally reasonable, average joe utd fan would do the same and name alot of Lpool players(aka the thread starter) and he would think its fine, but it would confuse and prob vex me.

So silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lol bitter pool by any chance? I'm a united fan and I would throw two of our lads in for fun

Carrick because obviously he is ****

Berbaflop because well the name says it all!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

You must answer this question about 3 times a week.

Lol bitter pool by any chance? I'm a united fan and I would throw two of our lads in for fun

Berbaflop? Really? Top scorer The season before last including the smashing hatrick against Liverpool. Flop is not close to describing Berbatov.

Not really taking it serious just playing along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

ceekay74 wrote: »
    Ivanovic?
    I wanted to make it an actual team, as opposed to people here shoe-horning Evra into right back. It was a toss-up between Hutton and Ivanovic, both are dirty players, Ivanovic often gets away with it too.

I put in Gerrard because he is a hypocrite, he condemns divers but is himself a serial diver. The DJ incident wasn't taken into account.

retalivity wrote: »
    You must answer this question about 3 times a week.

Even with Derry in my location it seems to go past people that it means Derry City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Hard to think of a keeper
    Hutton
    Gallas
    Ferdinand
    Evra
    Young
    Nasri
    Barton
    Bale
    RVP
    Djib Cisse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

GK: De Gea - I don't like the look of him. That's my irrational reasoning.
    RB: Evra - rat. An out of position rat, but a rat nonetheless.
    CB: Terry - thug
    CB: Ferdinand - merked, twitter, "prankster gangster". What?
    LB: Cashley Hole - 55k a week...
    DM: Cattermole - thug
    CM: Barton - thug
    RW: Ashley Young - diver
    LW: Gareth Bale - diver
    CF: Rooney - don't like the medias fascination with him, seems dislikeable, whole City thing (even though I'm an Arsenal fan)
    CF: Adebayor - the fact that I was at runthelengthofthepitchgate, and not budging on his wage demands for his move to Spurs, seems he'd rather sit in the reserves.

Honourable mentions to the likes of Suarez, RVP :pac:, Gallas, Nasri, Hutton, Jermaine Pennant.