Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Hated Premier League XI (Mod Note#63)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

dont forget this video of someone so offended by the N word

Still ignoring context all these months later. The fail is strong in you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

GK: Joe Hart (infallible in the eyes of British media,not his fault but still...)
    RB: Hutton
    CB: Terry
    CB: Senderos (irrational dislike)
    LB: Cole
    CM: Ireland
    CM: Barton
    LW: Bale
    RW: Pennant
    F: Suarez
    F: Tevez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

What's to hate? a fantastic player, a well spoken and seemingly intelligent man when being interviewed, somebody who has looked after himself, has always enjoyed his football and is known for helping younger players coming through.

What else do you want from a player?

Or is it his personal life that bothers you, because not only is it irrelevant when considering Giggs the footballer but... and lets drop the moral bs here and be honest, if somebody you actually knew admitted to the same actions you'd hardly expel them from your life. It's not a nice thing to do to your spouse but sh1t happens, we all make mistakes and it's not the worst thing a person can do in their life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

What is it about football fans and hate. It seems like the whole game from a fans point of view is based around it. Its like, you like your favourite team and hate anyone that is a rival to it. It seems very juvenile to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I think it's pretty despicable that people are in here calling Evra a serial liar without a shred of valid evidence to provide.

He's a dickhead on the pitch at times but the amount of disingenuous and misinformed posts about the whole race row last season is shameful.

If anybody wants to see how Liverpool's top brass' mud-slinging defamed Evra's character by telling lies or misrepresenting the facts, the numerous "serial liar" posts in here tell you all you need to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

This thread looks fun.

GK: Reina

RB: Hutton
    CB: Terry
    CB: Ferdinand
    LB: Cole

CM: Cattermole
    CM: Scholes

RW: Nani
    LW: Suarez
    ST: Carroll

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I really cant understand Reina being in peoples teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Melion wrote: »

Can trust bald dudes. :pac:

That and its ahrd to find a keeper that would easily fit into this XI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Melion wrote: »

Messy drunk tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

GK: Joe Hart.....mainly because I have to pick one
    RB: Rafael
    CB: Terry (C)
    CB: Shawcross
    LB: Evra
    CM: Lampard
    CM: Bale
    RW: Young
    LW: Bendtner
    CF: Tevez

Manager: Sam Allarydyce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I think it's pretty despicable that people are in here calling Evra a serial liar without a shred of valid evidence to provide.

He's a dickhead on the pitch at times but the amount of disingenuous and misinformed posts about the whole race row last season is shameful.

If anybody wants to see how Liverpool's top brass' mud-slinging defamed Evra's character by telling lies or misrepresenting the facts, the numerous "serial liar" posts in here tell you all you need to know.

Haha the irony here. Go back and show me VALID evidence where Suarez was racist to Evra.

El hadji Diouf barely being mentioned shows how clueless most posters in this thread are really. Can't see the hate for Gerrard, Scholes and Ivanovic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

hefferboi wrote: »
    El hadji Diouf barely being mentioned shows how clueless most posters in this thread are really. Can't see the hate for Gerrard, Scholes and Ivanovic.

I'd say most people aren't including him because he doesn't play in the Premier League.

The very first post
    Who would make your side? Based on current players only. I'm sure we'll all (excluding Chelsea fans) have the same captain.

So, who's clueless?

Haha the irony here. Go back and show me VALID evidence where Suarez was racist to Evra.
    I'm not going to get into this any further than this post as it is OT. Evra made a complaint that Suarez used a word that he found offensive. Suarez admitted to using this word. So, where is the lie from Evra? That's what my post is about, after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

El hadji Diouf barely being mentioned shows how clueless most posters in this thread are really.

Oh dear :o

Leeds fans wish Diouf was playing in the PL with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Suppose I'm not surprised that two incidents are surrounding most of the arguments. It wasn't the intention of the thread I started. I don't believe off field antics play any part in the decision to include/exclude a player, as it is their private lives. Just because the media want to report it doesn't change my opinion of the player on the field. With regard to the two main culprits:

Terry: Was named in my squad for finding any reason to take his top off, some of his reckless tackles, the infrequent ridiculous challenge (CL Semi Final) and his apparent abililty to remove suspensions imposed on him, including getting to tog out and lift the CL.

Suarez: Biting a player is just not on, and his dramatic tumbles, of which there were a few last season, are right up there with Drogba's. Really that's it, if he removed that element of his game he is actually a class act to watch what he can do on the ball.

Terry and giggs probably the two worst that we know off. Great footballers in their time but banging your mates missus or worse your brother's missus is sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Maybe we should make a most hated boards.ie XI. It would be a better laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

niallo27 wrote: »

Utd fans picking Pool fans and vice versa, way to predictable.:pac:

In saying that I dont think I could name an XI, I mean I dont know where any of you play. :(:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I was expecting Szczesny to be named on more teams as the keeper, surely all of the Spuds fans dislike him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Owen_S wrote: »
    I was expecting Szczesny to be named on more teams as the keeper, surely all of the Spuds fans dislike him?

nah I think he's a gent

niallo27 wrote: »

We'd have to post our positions first :P

Owen_S wrote: »

That's the kind of reason thats leading the thread astray. You shouldn't be including players just because they play for your rivals. It's just including them because you think that will get approval. The thread asked for your own personal opinion, so I thought you'd get a few good inclusions that were non affiliated. There were some with the likes of Hutton, Shawcross, Bardsley, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Terry and giggs probably the two worst that we know off. Great footballers in their time but banging your mates missus or worse your brother's missus is sick.

Cheating is bad but not as bad as racism in my book. Suarez and Terry are the two most hated players in the Premier League. There is no doubt in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

my eleven would be:

reina
    Luis terry cole
    ireland barton gerard hazard
    tevez suarez balotelli

easier than i thought :-)

im gonna put wenger as manger and mancini and hughes his assistants

Hazard is in some peoples most hated premiership XI after two games :o

Think I'm getting too old for this forum!

Yeah, I don't get that one at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

i have him there after the whole transfer saga

Cheating is bad but not as bad as racism in my book. Suarez and Terry are the two most hated players in the Premier League. There is no doubt in that.

Having an affair with your brothers wife for years >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> alleged racist comment on the pitch.

Doesn't even come close

• Advertisement

Having an affair with your brothers wife for years >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> alleged racist comment on the pitch.

Doesn't even come close

One's being a slimely pr1ck and the other is just being a bigot.

Suarez is far more of a villain for what he done because racism is bigger than cheating. Also racism is a crime, cheating is not. Even eliminating the two players and removing bias surely its fairly obvious to everyone that racism is worse than cheating.

Suarez is far more of a villain for what he done because racism is bigger than cheating. Also racism is a crime, cheating is not. Even eliminating the two players and removing bias surely its fairly obvious to everyone that racism is worse than cheating.

What Giggs did is worse than what Suarez allegedly did is all I'm saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

What Giggs did is worse than what Suarez allegedly did is all I'm saying.

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

He's a dickhead off the pitch too, regardless of what happened with Suarez. See World Cup 2010.

He's a dickhead off the pitch too, regardless of what happened with Suarez. See World Cup 2010.
    What has that got to do with what I said?

Both actions make the baby Jesus cry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

It certainly is....cheating apparently gets you the captaincy of the olympic football team...thats cool! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

This will be forever the issue Phlegmy, certain people will always just choose to ignore the actual fact Suarez was found guilty of racist remarks by an independent body.

150 pages of compiled evidence will be ignored each time this issue arises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

This will be forever the issue Phlegmy, certain people will always just choose to ignore the actual fact Suarez was found guilty of racist remarks by an independent body.

He wasnt just found guilty he actually admitted to using racist remarks. Yet some maintain he allegedly did it despite the fact he admitted doing it. Tis rather strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Not that much, just saying other reasons why Evra might be picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Was Suarez taken to court and cleared?

This is turning into a 'my da would bate your da' situation.

My da would definitely bate your da.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

donalg1 wrote: »

He wasnt just found guilty he actually admitted to using racist remarks. Yet some maintain he allegedly did it despite the fact he admitted doing it. Tis rather strange.

Yep, although again the ignore function will be utilised. Strange indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Why is that? You like seeing people get hurt emotionally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Green

Rafael
    Terry
    Ferdinand
    Cole

Giggs
    Barton
    Scholes
    Bale

Rooney
    Suarez
    Young

Special mention to Patrice Evra, unlucky that Cashley is an even bigger dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Giggs and the people he let down. You said your delighted that he was caught doing something in this case cheating.

I find that to be quite sad and disturbing that you are happy that he did something stupid(I admit it was low as you can get) and who it upsets and relates too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Green

Rafael
    Terry
    Ferdinand
    Cole

Giggs
    Barton
    Scholes
    Bale

Rooney
    Suarez
    Young

Special mention to Patrice Evra, unlucky that Cashley is an even bigger dick.

4-4-3 ?

jaykay74 wrote: »
    4-4-3 ?

Obviously Giggs and Scholes can't play 90 minutes so he's covered substitutions as well :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement