Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Hated Premier League XI (Mod Note#63)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

GK: Reina

RB: Cole
    CB: Terry / Carra
    CB: Ferdinand
    LB: Evra

CM: Barton
    CM: Nolan
    CM: Gerrard

ST - Suarez
    St: Suarez
    ST: Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Green

Rafael
    Terry
    Ferdinand
    Cole

Giggs
    Barton
    Scholes
    Bale

Rooney
    Suarez
    Young

Special mention to Patrice Evra, unlucky that Cashley is an even bigger dick.

We have a winner!!

Going to be difficult to beat 12 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Rooney---Suarez

Giggs
    Barton
    Scholes
    Nani
    Evra----Ferdinand----Ferdinand----Sagna

DeGea

Fergie/Wenger as Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

darced wrote: »

Why on earth would it bother anyone who isn't involved in the situation? Honestly I only expected women reading Heat or similar to squabble so much about celebrity shocker news.

Found out, Yes

Happy about it though, No

and that goes for anybody.

agree with last point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Evra is probably the most detestable footballer of all time, his team mates Rooney and Ferdinand are also up there. Terry gets the nod, as does does Ashley Cole.

Vanolder wrote: »
    Evra is probably the most detestable footballer of all time, his team mates Rooney and Ferdinand are also up there. Terry gets the nod, as does does Ashley Cole.

Eeeeh a certain Joey would kick you black and blue for forgetting about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

what a day wrote: »

Rooney---Suarez

Giggs
    Barton
    Scholes
    Nani
    Evra----Ferdinand----Ferdinand----Sagna

DeGea

Fergie/Wenger as Manager

What did Sagna ever do to anyone? :(

• Advertisement

He was born for a start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

GK: Hart

RB: Cole
    CB: Terry
    CB: Gallas
    LB: Evra (Captain)

LM: Scholes
    CM: Adam
    CM: Lampard
    RM: Nasri

ST: Rooney
    ST: Bendtner

Scholes annoys me so much because he's a dirty player that commits some horrible tackles, but never gets called on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Eeeeh a certain Joey would kick you black and blue for forgetting about him

Barton is to be pitied at this stage, he clearly has mental issues

Only joking, i dont know what it is but i just hate the man, think its his play acting and diving, very good RB back but have a dislike for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Vanolder wrote: »
    Evra is probably the most detestable footballer of all time.

seems like a lot of liverpool fans are of this opinion. wonder why?

jaykay74 wrote: »
    seems like a lot of liverpool fans are of this opinion. wonder why?

Im not a pool fan and i hate the p*ick!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Hart

Richards
    Terry
    Carragher
    Cole

Gerrard
    Barton
    Ireland

Suarez
    Bendtner
    Tevez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

In fairness, it's an opinion that plenty of Chelsea and Arsenal fans would share too.

Lads is there any player that every one hates but you actually like?

Me being a Chelsea fan actually like Ashley Cole but can understand the hate.

For me he is the best LB in the world. Fair enough he shot some one with a pellet gun but who wouldnt shoot some one if you had a pellet gun?

He had Cheryl wrapped around his finger.....among other things and now for me he is a legend! He is a modern day play boy if you ask me :D

So when your finished bashing me let me know if you have any player you like that every one hates?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

For me he is the best LB in the world. Fair enough he shot some one with a pellet gun but who wouldnt shoot some one if you had a pellet gun?

He had Cheryl wrapped around his finger.....among other things and now for me he is a legend! He is a modern day play boy if you ask me :D

So when your finished bashing me let me know if you have any player you like that every one hates?

Being a united fan, I actually like Evra :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Haven't read through the whole thread, but surely somebody mentioned El Hadji Diouf? Probably the biggest cúnt in modern football

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Haven't read through the whole thread, but surely somebody mentioned El Hadji Diouf? Probably the biggest cúnt in modern football
    Maybe if it was the most hated Championship XI......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What Giggs did is worse than what Suarez allegedly did is all I'm saying.
    At the time you posted that and of the people that posted a full XI,Suarez appeared in 16 teams.....Giggs appeared in 1.
    Seems you might be in a minority there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I think El Hadji Diouf is a misunderstood teddy bear. Every he has done has just been taken out of context and he really is a pure gent on and off the pitch.....

Maybe you should read the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hart
    Zabaleta Richards Lescott Cole (just cant leave him out)
    Barry De Jong
    Tevez Yaya Milner
    Balotelli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Hart?

Whats all that about?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Maybe you should read the thread

I read a good 2/3 of it and didn't see him mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

i would have but it said premier league

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Im not a pool fan and i hate the p*ick!!

The quote I referred though is "Evra is probably the most detestable footballer of all time."

Do you think so ?

Hart?

Whats all that about?

Him being an arrogant prick may have something to do with it, with his smarmy grin

• Advertisement

jaykay74 wrote: »
    The quote I referred though is "Evra is probably the most detestable footballer of all time."

Do you think so ?

Don't think you could class him as more detestable then say, Diouff who got a mention recently

magnumbud wrote: »
    i would have but it said premier league

Are a lot of the other mentioned players not former premier league players? I presumed it was past or present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Are a lot of the other mentioned players not former premier league players? I presumed it was past or present

Very first line from the OP .
    Who would make your side? Based on current players only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

i'm not saying those are the rules just saying thats how i saw it. if i was allowed former players i would have to fit in drogba and henry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

That's the kind of reason thats leading the thread astray. You shouldn't be including players just because they play for your rivals. It's just including them because you think that will get approval. The thread asked for your own personal opinion, so I thought you'd get a few good inclusions that were non affiliated. There were some with the likes of Hutton, Shawcross, Bardsley, etc.
    I was referring to Szczesny taunting Spurs in the media. Plus he is quite cocky and hyped up by some, despite being guilty of some clangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Hart?

Whats all that about?

I think most of it is that look he has, the look that reminds you of that one lad in secondary school who was good at football and thought he was better than everyone else because of it and ran around acting the dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GK Reina
    LB Evra
    CB Rio Ferdinand
    CB Anton Ferdinand
    RB Phil Neville
    LM Ashley Young
    CM Joey Barton
    CM Charlie Adam
    RM Nani
    CF Wayne Rooney
    CF Carlos Tevez

Not that I hate alot of these guys, just probably the ones I dislike the most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

kryogen wrote: »
    Hart
    Zabaleta Richards Lescott Cole (just cant leave him out)
    Barry De Jong
    Tevez Yaya Milner
    Balotelli

I know you're basically saying City + Cashley Hole, but nobody can hate Yaya Toure. Zabaleta seems harmless too.
    Only joking, i dont know what it is but i just hate the man, think its his play acting and diving, very good RB back but have a dislike for him.

Have you seen him play? Sagna is one of the most professional players in our team, none of that from him ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

What has the Suarez/Evra situation got to do with Giggs cheating on his wife :confused:

Anyway, he didn't abuse his position as a football player, he abused his position as a rich, vaguely handsome dude by getting laid, the finer details are not our concern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Hart?

Whats all that about?

It's proably because he keeps trying to coin the phrase "decent"

It's not going to happen Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Cokeistan wrote: »
    Hart

Richards
    Terry
    Carragher
    Cole

Gerrard
    Barton
    Ireland

Suarez
    Bendtner
    Tevez

Really??

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Very first line from the OP .

My bad. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

Maybe its my manU blinkers but I really don't understand the Ferdinand hatred. He's very annoying and all and a bit of a muppet, but to me he's like a one direction song or something. I get the hatred of players like Nasri et al who switch clubs, and the Terry's, Evras etc. But to me Rio is just an annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

arodabomb wrote: »
    Maybe its my manU blinkers but I really don't understand the Ferdinand hatred. He's very annoying and all and a bit of a muppet, but to me he's like a one direction song or something. I get the hatred of players like Nasri et al who switch clubs, and the Terry's, Evras etc. But to me Rio is just an annoyance.

Prob his twitter shenanigans?
    I saw some show years ago where he was doing some dares on other footy players for sky1 or something, he actually seemed like a grand lad bit of craic, but theres something about him that just makes me want to punch him in his face.

Lpool fan dont help..

TBF if I was not United fan there good chance I would not like Rio myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

green
    huth
    rio
    terry
    evra

parker
    mikel
    pennent
    joe cole
    bale

bentner

funny enough a player on a lot of peoples team is ashley cole who I have a lot of respect for he has been one of the best if not the lest left back in the world for the guts of a decade at the stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

smokedeels wrote: »
    What has the Suarez/Evra situation got to do with Giggs cheating on his wife :confused:

Anyway, he didn't abuse his position as a football player, he abused his position as a rich, vaguely handsome dude by getting laid, the finer details are not our concern.

Ah come on, if he was off riding birds behind his wife back no one would give a ****e, but his brothers Missus, you don't go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

arodabomb wrote: »
    As i said when i selected hom in my team, its the doping saga when he forgot how to get to the training ground ?!?!

Also did you forget his west ham/leeds history? There was a time when he played for a team other than man utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    As i said when i selected hom in my team, its the doping saga when he forgot how to get to the training ground ?!?!

Also did you forget his west ham/leeds history? There was a time when he played for a team other than man utd

Couldn't agree more. The man has serious flaws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

oldyouth wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. The man has serious flaws.

he's an absolute twat! Getting himself involved in the John Terry/Anton Ferdinand racism saga. I know Anton is his younger brother but he can fight his own battles without him getting involved

• Advertisement
Advertisement