Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the best sub 5* teams in Fifa12?

Options
  • 22-08-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

Or instead, who are the most under rated teams?

I always enjoyed playing with Anzhi Makhachkala. A 4 * team sprinkled with some quality players like Sammy Eto'o, Yuri Zhirkov, Roberto Carlos and Balasz Dzsudzsak.

List a few more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

CSKA Moscow, Colorado Rapids, Aston Villa all for the pace!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Dinamo Moscow, Hamburg, Getafe, Palermo, Catania, Espanyol, Rennes, QPR + Wigan (play 3-4-3), Panathinaikos (play with a false nine, or a very deep CF, closest approximation that there is to a false nine in the game), FC Copenhagen, Spartak Moscow and Borussia Monchengladbach as far as club sides go. Austria, Croatia, Denmark, Mexico, Russia, South Korea and the United States are good craic as far as the international sides are concerned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Ivory Coast. 4.5 stars.

Zokora a strong runner in midfield, Yaya Toure. Gervinho and Doumbia on the wings very fast. Drogba beast up front.

Eboue right back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Have been using Red Bull Salzburg (3*) recently and I've been having a good laugh with them. One of the most enjoyable things is coming up against a larger variety of different teams rather than the same 3 or 4 you'd generally get at 4 and 4.5 star.

Used to always use Santos before but I got sick of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I really enjoy playing with palermo. Miccoli and Hernandez up front and ilicic in behind them works really well. I still Alvarez on the left then as he is fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Strange to see a few people mention Palermo - I love playing as them, but never faced them online. Cameroon are one of my go-to teams now. Santos usually good fun too. Have had problems against Villa, so must give them a bash sometime!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

West Brom are very good, Long and Odemwingie up front gives you plenty of pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Aston Villa are excellent for a 4 star side. Very annoying when you get paired with Barcelona, Napoli etc.

I expect QPR a really good (presumably) 4 star side in FIFA13. Hoilett, SWP, Taarabt, Cisse, Bosingwa, should all be solid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Aston Villa are excellent for a 4 star side. Very annoying when you get paired with Barcelona, Napoli etc.

I expect QPR a really good (presumably) 4 star side in FIFA13. Hoilett, SWP, Taarabt, Cisse, Bosingwa, should all be solid.

If they are 4 star then the stats on those players would drop well down I'd say?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

I like playing Celtic ( Very good team for 3.5 stars) playing 4-1-2-1-2 with Samaras ( very poor rating but surprisingly good player in Fifa) and Stokes up front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

They do have Heskey after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Prick! wrote: »
    If they are 4 star then the stats on those players would drop well down I'd say?

Doubt it.

Of the players they've signed, Fabio, Bosingwa, Hoilett, Park etc, none of them are good enough to push them over 4 star as it is I'd say.

I think they'll rival Villa as one of the best 4 star teams, unless they randomly decrease all the players ratings on the basis they've now signed for QPR.

Green
    Bosingwa-Anton-Onuaha-Fabio
    Diakite
    SWP
    Taarabt
    Park

Cisse--Hoillett

Could be a decent 4 star side for FIFA 13. We'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Strewsbury Town are the best team on fifa12

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I love using Newcastle, their frontline with Cisse and Ba is brilliant and the squad is set up as well as it can be from the start so you dont have to keep making changes at the start of every game!

I love using Newcastle, their frontline with Cisse and Ba is brilliant and the squad is set up as well as it can be from the start so you dont have to keep making changes at the start of every game!

I quite like using a lopsided 4-3-3 with them.

Krul

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Santon

Tiote

Gutierrez----Cabaye

Ben Arfa---Cisse--Ba

Gutierrez as a shuttler, an RCM pushed wider than they'd be normally and told to run up and down the line, Cabaye closer to Tiote and given a medium defensive arrow, Ben Arfa in a free role, Ba starting narrow and drifting wide as an LF to give Cisse a free run inside. As a counterattacking team, or at least one leaning to that side of things, you can really do damage to more well-rounded or more talented sides, like Napoli and Dortmund. PSG can give bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I always enjoyed playing with Anzhi Makhachkala. A 4 * team sprinkled with some quality players like Sammy Eto'o, Yuri Zhirkov, Roberto Carlos and Balasz Dzsudzsak.

List a few more.

A total cheat team used almost exclusively by massive **** I think you mean.

;)

Left out Boca earlier on. 3-4-1-2 with Riquelme in the hole. You tend to STREAM forward and your defence isn't even that vulnerable for it. Plus Riquelme. Riquelme!

Being playing a lot of 4* star teams lately.
    Have gone through most leagues.

For me the stand-out 4 star is QPR.
    Everton WERE the best 4* before the update but they're far weaker in attack now(Jelevic is too slow and he's the ONLY proper striker)

All four defenders are nippy enough(Though Ferdinand is only a 72, he's fairly quick which is the most important stat for a defender)

3 across the middle in Diakite, Barton and Taarabt(you can round players for fun with this guy and basic skill moves)

And Wright-Phillips/Cisse on the wings beside Zamora is a 4-3-2-1

Had a game with Anderlacht as well the last day. Think they were 3.5*.... but they had some VERY fast players in all area's. Won my only game with them easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Big fan of playing with Belgium. Defensively solid with the likes of Kompany, Vermaelen and Vertonghen in front of Courtois/Mignolet in goals, strong in midfield with Fellaini, Dembele, Witsel and Defour, and speed and skill up front with Hazard and Mertens along with the height and power of Lukaku, with Mirallas another good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Gotta be Jeonbuk from the Korean League for me. 3 star team with some decent players. Built like an ox, Lee Dong Gook up front with the skillfull Brazilian Eninho playing in behind him. 2 pacey wingers aswell.

I have beaten 5 star teams in the cup with these. Hidden gem they are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Lee Dong Gook is quality. He's won me a lot of games when I've played as South Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Napoli are a good 4.5 * team. Lavezzi is beast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Playing as Newcastle, do you not find yourself up against the top 5* teams fairly regularly? If I'm going through a slump in form I usually revert to playing as Barca for a while and I get pitted against Newcastle very regularly. It's not very fair.

Advertisement