Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sabai Restraunt

Options
  • 22-08-2012 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,267 ✭✭✭✭

Hi weird question

Im going to the Sabai restraunt tomorrow night and was wondering do they have a european selection on there menu that you can eat inside the restraunt. I know they have it on the takeaway menu but the sit down menu could be different.

I dont really like spicy or asian food and its too expensive to experiment lol and it would be rude not too go. ??

BTW any reviews ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

As I recall, they do have a small number of European dishes, but just ring them and then you'll know for sure!

I've been there a few times and I've really enjoyed the food each time. Nice staff too, and nearly every time there was a good buzz in there too. There's something intangible that I really like about it - it's just sort of classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OnlyWayIsUp

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hi weird question

Im going to the Sabai restraunt tomorrow night and was wondering do they have a european selection on there menu that you can eat inside the restraunt. I know they have it on the takeaway menu but the sit down menu could be different.

I dont really like spicy or asian food and its too expensive to experiment lol and it would be rude not too go. ??

BTW any reviews ??

Can't really help with your query but can tell you that the takeaway from there is very pricey... but very very tasty. Only new to Waterford but will deffo be giving the restaurant here a go soon.

Give them a quick call maybe and see is their sit down menu extensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Love the place. I'm fairly confident that there is 'European cuisine' on the menu. Give them a ring on 051-858002. As has been said, the staff are lovely and will be glad to answer any questions.
    The sad thing is that I didn't even need to look up that number!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Their Duck Curry is the nicest thing to eat in Waterford IMO. It is pricey in their but well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

They have a small section of European food don't ask me what but they do a very tasty crispy duck that's not spicy.
    Its a fantastic spot to eat, the taster menus is great value.
    If you are feeling really brave try the jungle curry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Have had steak and seabass in there before, delicious on both counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

They have an option to ask for dishes mild, so just tell them you like it "Irish" mild :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Is it a bit pointless going to a Thai resturant and not getting a Thai meal? May as well go to a European place

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rachel101

I was there with my husband, nice restaurant. not sure if they do a european menu - ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Id kill for a weeping tiger steak right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I would also say its a bit pointless going to a Thai Retraunt and asking for european food, its like going to your local chip shop and asking for a Big Mac.

Although i rekcon it could be a date or the OP was invited there.

Advertisement