Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to bring my 6 month old swimming?

Options
  • 22-08-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and the missus want to bring our 6 month old little fella swimming - could someone tell me what swimming pools are in and around Waterford City so that I can check what times they set aside for babies/young kids?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I reckon the pool at the waterford crystal centre would be your best bet. Could try Kingfisher and the woodlands hotel,but I don't know if you have to have a gym membership there to use the pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

You could go out to Splashworld early on Sunday morning and use the paddling/baby pool there, and depending on how early you go, you'd have it all to yourself. That's what we did with our little fella a few months back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

The kingfisher have a great sized kids pool.

We found at six months though being in the adult pool was better than the kiddie one so a good kids pool isn't essential. At that age you'd be holding the baby all the time anyway and it's a lot easier to hold them down in the water in the big pool.

Kingfishers kids pool is deep enough that you can sit in it and still nice the baby around easily. Think they've two sessions a day where non members can use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I brought my daughter to kingfisher when she was a baby, its lovely there. She's 4 now and will be starting lessons in splashworld next month, splashworlds baby pool is awful I have to say!

You could try spirit on the quay or the tower hotel too? I'm sure all their websites would have information on the pool swims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

ive seen St Johns river being used many years ago, you might even get a free shopping trolley if you get down there at low tide !.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Passed the wood lands and they have a sign up about toddler swimming coming soon, so might be worth giving them a ring for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Meatwad wrote: »
    Passed the wood lands and they have a sign up about toddler swimming coming soon, so might be worth giving them a ring for more details.

Yea heard that on the radio. My friends 10 month old is doing those lessons in kilkenny and she finds them brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I think the thing starting in the Woodlands is Waterbabies. You'll find their website if you google it.

From memory it's around 150 eur for ten weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I rang them and nearly fell over when they told me how much, plus you need to buy a swim nappy!

All of us were swimming at 3 so we must be doing something right.

I bring a 6 month old and a 2 year old to Kingfisher, find it great.

2 year old prefers Splashworld though as she can just walk in.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Kingfisher. You'll burn the eyes out of yourself in splashworld with the chlorine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

The pool in Spirit Gym on the quay / o'connell street are doing a baby swim class on a friday fro €5 a session... my wife is taking my daughter..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oh, I'd love that but I usually work a friday, must keep an eye to see if they put on more classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

Sure, I'll ask my wife when I get home this evening...

Advertisement