Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle parking Glasnevin Cemetry

Options
  • 22-08-2012 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Hope to visit this soon and also do the walking tour

I know there is a car park there but want to cycle up anyone know if there are safe places to lock your bike?

Rang them up and they said to the railings....? They did not seem to have a clue:rolleyes:

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've never noticed bike racks there. The car park doesn't have anything to attach a bike to that I can remember. You best bet would be to attach the bike to something near the gates, there's a shop and a cafe and people walking past. Theres big railings there but they start about a meter off the ground. Rather than just ringing some random person. Maybe ask them does anyone there cycle to work. Get them on the phone and ask them. Or email them the same question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Nothing wrong with using the railings on the other side of the road, maybe beside the pedestrian crossing so plenty of people in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Went there and managed to lock the bike to the main gate but it was an effort. No Bike Racks.

There was a guard there but he was as useful as a fish on a bicycle.

There are railings across the road but locked it inside. Might email them asking them if they plan to put bike racks in

Thanks

Advertisement