Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulldog breeders- no where to be seen?

• 22-08-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all , looking to buy a French or British bulldog for my daughter as a junior cert results present. The problem is I can't find a decent breeder. Anyone I've contacted has either ignored me or tried to scam me, have contacted breeders from ikc and champ dogs but they've ignored me. So if anyone knows a reputable breeder for either bulldog breed please let me know! Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Kaner12 wrote: »
    Hi all , looking to buy a French or British bulldog for my daughter as a junior cert results present. The problem is I can't find a decent breeder. Anyone I've contacted has either ignored me or tried to scam me, have contacted breeders from ikc and champ dogs but they've ignored me. So if anyone knows a reputable breeder for either bulldog breed please let me know! Thank you :)

No offence, but maybe it's because you want to get the pup as a present that they wont respond to you? Most pups bought as presents are novelties that soon wear off and the dog is the one who suffers in the end. The entire family should be behind having a dog, are you sure your daughter really wants one and will be committed to looking after it? No responsible breeder will sell a pup just to be a present, they are very particular about where they place their pups to ensure it's the right home

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kaner12

Hi Rommie , understand where your coming from but whole family have wanted bulldog for many years but couldn't afford one and have decided now is the time as all my children are at a responsible age. My daughter would be committed we have had dogs in the past most recently a French bullmastiff called bulma who sadly died at the start of the summer so looking for a new dog and now we have enough money to purchase a bulldog. Have not mentioned to the people I've contacted that it's a present as it is going to be a family dog but daughter has said that's what she wants as her present for results. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Ah right, well have you tried the Bulldog Club Of Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Think andreac mentioned a French Bulldog breeder north of the border. In any case, why don't you try the KC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

There won't be so many pups around at this time of year. When you are contacting people, drop them an e-mail and explain why you are interested in their dogs specificly. Follow up with a phone call a few days later, breeders will want to meet you in person and see how you interact with their dogs before they make a decision. They may then have a waiting list which you could be on for over a year. Be polite and courteous if refused as word of mouth travels fast amongst breed circles. If you can, go to a few KC/IKC shows and talk to bulldog owners there. British bulldogs are not too common here so you may have to travel to the UK/NI

• Advertisement
Advertisement