Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about ''Renewable and Electrical Energy Systems''

Options
  • 22-08-2012 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I've been accepted to the course " Renewable and Electrical Energy Systems" in LIT, and I have until next Monday to decide whether I take the course or not. Is there anyone here who is doing the course? What kind of modules are there, and how difficult is 1st year?

Is it geared towards the physical part, or is it more of a business approach? And does it apply with electricians?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭Figerty

leary 7 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been accepted to the course " Renewable and Electrical Energy Systems" in LIT, and I have until next Monday to decide whether I take the course or not. Is there anyone here who is doing the course? What kind of modules are there, and how difficult is 1st year?

Is it geared towards the physical part, or is it more of a business approach? And does it apply with electricians?

Thanks

As far as I know it's electrical engineering with Renewables as the modern aspect. It's a combination of practical and theory with it's main focus on electrcial. I don't know what your last sentance means, but you can't become an electrican from this course; you can be an electrical engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elheffe

i am currently doing this course..... if i was you i would do some thing else... its not great.... if i knew than what i know now i would not have signed up for it... best of luck with whatever you decide..

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭castaway_lady

DO IT. I know several electricians who have done it, came out with excellent degree results and walked into jobs. There isnt much going in the renewable energy sector but thats just one element of the degree.

Advertisement