Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documentary location help/weird places in ireland

Options
  • 22-08-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Hi, people, my film The X has been put on hold, because although I love horror, it has been done! It sounds just like the Evil Dead and filming is an adventure! I'm funding it myself, and here it is I need your help.
    The idea is have is called Behind the Shamrock: The Dark Side of Ireland.
    It's a documentary to be made when I turn eighteen. Me and my friends will go around the island of Ireland, to find weirdness, be it occultism and witch cults, places associated with murder, strange kind of seaside resorts, deserted cafes, to strip clubs, transsexual meetings and sexy places. ANy suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

There's the Hellfire Club in the Dublin Mountains, has a great backstory.

Ross Castle in Meath/Cavan, a proper castle that's apparently haunted. I made a radio doc about it in college. It's not haunted. But it looks amazing inside and out and again, great backstory and the owner is lovely. Might be a bit too historical for what you want though.

Nimhneach run fetish/bondage nights, have a google of it, don't think I'd be allowed link here. I'd be surprised if they let you film, but there was an Indo piece about it a year or two ago so you never know.

Might be worth posting this in the paranormal forum too.

What do you mean by strange kind of seaside resorts? I believe there's an abandoned hotel near Brittas Bay, try derelict Ireland or abandoned ireland for it and probably a lot more along those lines.

Or if it's more the seedy side of things, Bray seafront's halls full of slot machines could work.

Killiney beach has an abandoned building that was a cafe a long time ago, it's literally on the beach. Killiney Hill car park is a sexy place... in that it has a reputation for dogging. I'll tell you what that is when you turn 18. Or ask Stan Collymore. :P

I think that's all I've got... now go do your own research!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭George White

I live in bray so I am familiar yes once banned from going into these places when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There's hundreds of fairy rings up and down the country each with it's own bizarre storys. There's a guy that's been collecting the stories for a while, I can't think of his name I just know he has a big mad beard, the place to ask would be the paranormal forum. They'll have a never ending list of sites to visit.

Advertisement