Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lookin for advice about what brushes to invest in

• 22-08-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

So I'm starting to get into wearing better make up, and I've invested in good products recently but now I want to buy some brushes as I have heard that they are the key really and I'm not really doing my make up justice without good brushes,

I'm thinkin of buying some sigma brushes as I've read a lot of good stories about them. Think I might possibly even buy the essential kit.

However I'm also just thinkin I might e best with hit buying a couple of the most important brushes first maybe as my funds are quite low.

Ive bought the Armani silk foundation, benefit boing concealor and the urban decay naked palette. I also have a nice bourjois blusher and the smash box o-glow blusher which I alternate between.

Ive got lots of other bits and pieces too but I think if I got the basic brushes to help me use these products I should be okay!

Sorry for such a long winded message, but basically I find that there are so many brushes available and all of their names are just different numbers so I really don't know the difference between half of them so if someone could recommend what sigma brushes would be good for
    1foundation
    2concealor
    3. Blusher
    4 the naked palette eyeshades

Thanks a million :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

augusta24 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

So I'm starting to get into wearing better make up, and I've invested in good products recently but now I want to buy some brushes as I have heard that they are the key really and I'm not really doing my make up justice without good brushes,

I'm thinkin of buying some sigma brushes as I've read a lot of good stories about them. Think I might possibly even buy the essential kit.

However I'm also just thinkin I might e best with hit buying a couple of the most important brushes first maybe as my funds are quite low.

Ive bought the Armani silk foundation, benefit boing concealor and the urban decay naked palette. I also have a nice bourjois blusher and the smash box o-glow blusher which I alternate between.

Ive got lots of other bits and pieces too but I think if I got the basic brushes to help me use these products I should be okay!

Sorry for such a long winded message, but basically I find that there are so many brushes available and all of their names are just different numbers so I really don't know the difference between half of them so if someone could recommend what sigma brushes would be good for
    1foundation
    2concealor
    3. Blusher
    4 the naked palette eyeshades

Thanks a million :-)

Sigma or Real Techniques are the way to go! I have Sigma's Mrs Bunny set which has pretty much everything you would need, it's an amazing set but €110, which is cheap in terms of quality brushes but not cheap in general!

Everyone has sung the praises of Real Techniques also and they're cheaper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I have the Sigma travel set which I find great, I don't like my brushes too long and this has everything I need except this which I have for foundation

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Even though a lot of ELF stuff isn't great, I love their Studio brushes. I have a few of them and I've used them every day for the past six months and no signs of shedding yet! They're very soft and they look and feel great. I've never tried the Sigma brushes but for €4 per brush it might be worth the try before you invest in a €110 set. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Real Techniques, ELF Studio (the normal line is pretty bad) and Eco Tools make the best affordable brushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

If you're looking for good but affordable brushes I highly recommend Eco tools 5 piece brush set:

http://www.dempeaux.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/eco-tools-bamboo-5-piece-brush-set.jpg

it has everything you'll need except for a foundation brush:

http://www.vivawoman.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/EcoTools-Bamboo-Foundation-Brush1.jpg

The set has an all purpose eye brush but you can also get a five piece eye shadow set:

http://facecandy.co/product_images/r/221/51D85Gq8JmL._SL500_AA300___23260_zoom.jpg

Boots were doing an offer recently where if you bought one item from ecotools you'd get a second item half price, so you really can't go wrong! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I would really recommend the Sedona Lace Vortex set
    http://m.sedonalace.com/Cosmetic-Brushes/119/Vortex-Professional-Makeup-Brushes-with-Zipper-Belt.aspx

I have the sigma brush roll too and I find these brushs are much more interesting, the foundation brush is great, three contouring brushes to choose from, the synthetic eyeshadow brush is perfect for concealer and the white fluffy shader and black pointed crease brush are my favorite brushes for eyeshadow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    If you're looking for good but affordable brushes I highly recommend Eco tools 5 piece brush set:

I second the ecotools. They're fabulous!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

MAC brushes are an all over great set if you want to use for blusher and make up/foundation,they have eye sets in them aswell and they work really well without streaking which is what you can find with these foundation brushes,i find aswell they take up a lot of make up and absorb more make up than give to your skin,so be careful which ones you buy.

Advertisement