Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DEALZ

Options
  • 22-08-2012 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

lads does anyone know whats the story with dealz opening in waterford, they were meant to open this month, but as yet still no sign of em opening yet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I don't think I've heard of this, where is this going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Taking over about half of Lisduggan shopping centre I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Ah yea that place! I was out there the other day doesn't look like any movement soon anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

And WHEN the hell is Iceland coming !!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Isn't someone taking a case against them opening? I think there was a thread here about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Afaik the case against them was settled and they can now proceed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Thewife wrote: »

Iceland opens with a fanfare - everyone thinks it great, then you taste their stuff.

Cheap food = cheap ingredients.

You don't want Iceland

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Didn't we just do all of this in the "smell of us" thread? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I thought that was the make-up thread? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

ohsnap.gif

• Advertisement

Touche Mr Window :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

found out today they are opening next thursday in lisduggan shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Great to hear it's finally going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I was out near Lisduggan SC and needed a paper etc so dropped in to find the newsagent was gone, hardware unit gone and about 3 or 4 other units, now all taken over by Dealz. That was some clearout.:eek:

I'm guessing these units are now all knocked into one as they all have the dealtz sign over them.

Looking at their website their stuff seems the same as euro shop only everything is €1.49

I don't understand what all the big Deal(z) is all about:D

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I was out near Lisduggan SC and needed a paper etc so dropped in to find the newsagent was gone, hardware unit gone and about 3 or 4 other units, now all taken over by Dealz. That was some clearout.:eek:

I'm guessing these units are now all knocked into one as they all have the dealtz sign over them.

Looking at their website their stuff seems the same as euro shop only everything is €1.49

I don't understand what all the big Deal(z) is all about:D
    yeah its been like that well over a year now i'd say, i Deal(z) with them through my job and i have to say they give some great value for money on all the top brands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Lot bigger than I thought it was gonna be. Should do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think it looks great there, great to see all the empty units gone from side of the centre.

i'm sure there is a tenat in the shopping centre who's nose will be out of joint opening day, but what he don't realise is that dealz have brought in bigger footfall into areas where they've opened there stores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

i'm sure there is a tenat in the shopping centre who's nose will be out of joint opening day, but what he don't realise is that dealz have brought in bigger footfall into areas where they've opened there stores

Exactly, that place needed a shot in the arm.

Hopefully Dealz is the real... deal(z).

Sorry :o

any increase in footfall can only be a good thing, Tesco are happy they are opening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    any increase in footfall can only be a good thing, Tesco are happy they are opening.

really?

Would have thought it had a negative effect on tesco.

They do sell a lot of the same goods, just a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hard to know, I guess it works out about even between new footfall and loosing sales. They are totally different kind of shopinformation trips really. I would say you'd do a weeks shop in Tesco while you might float into Dealz with €30/50 and pick up a few things that catch your eye and some offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Petey89

Thewife wrote: »

iv been to iceland in carlow your not missing anything it really isnt that cheap aldi is still way better, and the brand names they sell are as dear as every where else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

A few big, bright Dealz signs on the shopping centre at least makes it look like there's something going on there. Will be sure to check this out once it's open.

Any know if they sell nappys? Cant see any on the website.

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

I think it's opening on Thursday. According to there facebook page they have a store opening next Thursday and there asking people to guess where it is!
    Iceland is rubbish in my eye's. It isn't that cheap and the quality is only okay. You might find some nice frozen desserts and nibbles from there Christmas party selection!

Was up there today, first time ever I had to really search for a parking space, place was totally packed!!!

Was up there today, first time ever I had to really search for a parking space, place was totally packed!!!
    give it few weeks the novelty will wear off

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

give it few weeks the novelty will wear off

Then I swoop in :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

Great bargains there :) just give it a while to calm down!

Advertisement