Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESBN Fuse

Options
  • 22-08-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Is there any way of knowing what amp the fuse linked to my old ESB meter without pulling it?
    It has 60/80 on the box. Is it written on the meter anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

its mostly 80amp hrc
    any reason for the question

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭WLSM

Thinking of putting in an electric shower (not myself, I'll be getting an electrician) but was wondering if I had to get the ESBN involved to upgrade the meter first/during.

Why do they say 60/80 - could it be 60?
    Would 80 be enough to run electric shower and other normal appliances?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

WLSM wrote: »
    Thinking of putting in an electric shower (not myself, I'll be getting an electrician) but was wondering if I had to get the ESBN involved to upgrade the meter first/during.

Would 80 be enough to run electric shower and other normal appliances?

you will only have a max 63amp on your own distribution board anyway
    esbn fuse should be fine
    when your sparks is doing the work he may upgrade your tails and issue a cert for the esb(esbn have a charge for this)
    they should check your fuse capacity then

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

+1 to meercat
    WLSM wrote: »
    Because the fuse holder is designed to take either a 60 or an 80A fuse.

Advertisement