Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman

Options
  • 22-08-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, long time reader, first time poster.

Not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes.

Just got a phone call on my mobile phone(which I gave to Harvey Norman on numerous occasions) to say I won a 2012 Ford Mondeo. It claimed to be Harvey Norman's automated phone service and a customer service agent will call me back in an hour to go over the details.

This screams scam to me, but I just want to be sure, has anybody ever had a call like this from Harvey Norman? I tried looking for info on this competition and cant seem to find any, also tried ringing them but they are closed.

If it is a scam, what did I just get myself into? lol :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

ChrisCobh wrote: »
    Hi, long time reader, first time poster.

Not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes.

Just got a phone call on my mobile phone(which I gave to Harvey Norman on numerous occasions) to say I won a 2012 Ford Mondeo. It claimed to be Harvey Norman's automated phone service and a customer service agent will call me back in an hour to go over the details.

This screams scam to me, but I just want to be sure, has anybody ever had a call like this from Harvey Norman? I tried looking for info on this competition and cant seem to find any, also tried ringing them but they are closed.

If it is a scam, what did I just get myself into? lol :)

A ford Mondeo?

Joking aside as long as you don't call them (premium rate no) or give them any details I wouldn't worry.

Did you try googling the number?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I'll be the first to say congradulations....in the off chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ChrisCobh

No number, gave no details, will wait to see if they ring back!

If it's true, I think Id be as happy as I would be if I had won the lotto! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

just wait till they ask for either all your details to register the car in your name, or a small fee for processing the win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ChrisCobh

Will try and record the call if they call again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Harvey Norman has no automated phone service, and doesn't pass your details onto third parties.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Wait a minute! This could be some kind of scam ... or possibly scam-ola!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

just saw this thread. hows the new car going?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@mackeire - Do not drag up older threads in this manner. Thread closed

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement