Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Told I was getting refund but 35 days later and nothing?

Options
  • 22-08-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently complained to a company about a service that it provided that was not satisfactory.

After a bit of back and forth via email (which I still have the entire dialogue) I was told I would receive a refund of the majority that was paid and I was happy with this.

This was agreed on July 19th and as of yet I have yet to receive anything from them. I asked them about this after 2 weeks (august 4th) and I was told that the money had been passed on to the bank and that refunding money back onto a credit card would take some time.

Fast-forward to today and I asked my bank if there were any payments waiting to me made onto my credit card by any outside party and was told that there were none, they also said I couldn't enter into a dispute with said party until 30 days after they confirmed the refund (not sure why they pointed this out really?)

By my counting it is now 35 days since I was told I was getting the refund.

What are my options? I was going to email them again but they'll probably just fob me off with the same thing, do I have anything I can use against this party to push them on the matter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Charge back or SmCC both should be fairly painless if you have proof they've offered you a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

I have an email conversation between myself and the company in which they state that I shall receive a refund and how much the refund is for. In a separate email they claim that this refund has already been passed on to my back.

Would this be enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

This was all on CC? I'd just get in contact with the CC company saying look where's my money. They'll tell you they haven't received anything and then pop you though to charge back. That said did they do a bank transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

This was all on CC? I'd just get in contact with the CC company saying look where's my money. They'll tell you they haven't received anything and then pop you though to charge back. That said did they do a bank transfer?

All on CC yes, the only info they have is my CC details so that's the only way they could give me back the money.

I'll get on to my bank tomorrow and see what they say.

Thanks for the help

Advertisement