Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any NUI Galway students staying in Centrepoint Apartments?

Options
  • 22-08-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello! Just wondering if there are any prospective NUI Galway students out there who are staying in centrepoint this year? :)

Name: Emer
    Sex: Female
    Studying: BA Arts international

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AoifeG92

Hi Emer,
    Myself and my four roomates (all lads) are currently looking for a sixth member to share our amazing apartment, its in the Docks of the City, its 5 minutes from eyre square, 10 mins from the college, Rent is 233 a month, but you will be sharing a room with me. The rent includes everything except food. would you be interested in sharing with us? Get back to me as soon as you can :)
    Reguards,
    Aoife :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Emer19

AoifeG92 wrote: »
    Hi Emer,
    Myself and my four roomates (all lads) are currently looking for a sixth member to share our amazing apartment, its in the Docks of the City, its 5 minutes from eyre square, 10 mins from the college, Rent is 233 a month, but you will be sharing a room with me. The rent includes everything except food. would you be interested in sharing with us? Get back to me as soon as you can :)
    Reguards,
    Aoife :)

Hello Aoife!

That sounds amazing but unfortunately I have already paid the deposit on a room in centrepoint which I won't get back if I pull out :( thank you for the kind offer though! :)

Sincerely
    Emer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AoifeG92

Are you serious? Ah sugar! oh i understand compelety! its grand :P Sure i'll see ya around the place in NUIG hopefully :D cheers for letting me know anyways :D

Reguards,
    Aoife :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

If the deposit isn't too high (less than €200) drop it and find somewhere better. Centerpoint is miles from anywhere and although nice, doesnt make up for being so far from the college and town. Cost of taxis etc...

Because it's overpriced prepaid student accommodation it'll be cheaper to rent somewhere with friends or randomers from Boards!

If the deposit isn't too high (less than €200) drop it and find somewhere better. Centerpoint is miles from anywhere and although nice, doesnt make up for being so far from the college and town. Cost of taxis etc...

Because it's overpriced prepaid student accommodation it'll be cheaper to rent somewhere with friends or randomers from Boards!

The deposit was €300 :( so unfortunately i can't really afford to pull out. Thank you for the advice anyway though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

I'm staying there, I booked my deposit yesterday. I know absolutely nobody there, but the lady at reception said there are 57 other first years here too, so it might not be too bad. :D

Stiltzkin wrote: »
    I'm staying there, I booked my deposit yesterday. I know absolutely nobody there, but the lady at reception said there are 57 other first years here too, so it might not be too bad.

Ah should be good then! :D I'm excited about starting now. Was so scared that I'd be the only person that didn't know anyone haha!

Emer19 wrote: »
    I'm staying there, I booked my deposit yesterday. I know absolutely nobody there, but the lady at reception said there are 57 other first years here too, so it might not be too bad. :

Ah should be good then! :D I'm excited about starting now. Was so scared that I'd be the only person that didn't know anyone haha!

I'm actually v scared. :( Everyone would be judging me and blah... Hopefully there's more of us in the same boat. :)

I'm actually v scared. :( Everyone would be judging me and blah... Hopefully there's more of us in the same boat. :)

Awk you'll be grand! I think everyone will be a bit nervous anyway. What are you studying? :)

Awk you'll be grand! I think everyone will be a bit nervous anyway. What are you studying? :)
    Arts lol. Even though I got 475. :pac: you?

• Advertisement

Arts lol. Even though I got 475. :pac: you?

Same! Wanted to do archaeology at trinity but I had no chance of gettin in there, so I chose arts instead :) are u doing 3/4 years?

Same! Wanted to do archaeology at trinity but I had no chance of gettin in there, so I chose arts instead :) are u doing 3/4 years?

I wanted to do arts there but didn't get enough. What, you can choose to do a 4th year? I thought the course was 4 years.

It's 3 years but 4 if you do BA international. I'm doin 4 cause I want to do a year abroad, probably with Italian :)

It's 3 years but 4 if you do BA international. I'm doin 4 cause I want to do a year abroad, probably with Italian :)

Oh right, well I'm not really good with languages except Irish, so i'm not doing that. :)

Oh right, well I'm not really good with languages except Irish, so i'm not doing that. :)

I think you can choose Irish as one of your modules but I'm not too sure. Do u know anything about freshers week? :)

I think you can choose Irish as one of your modules but I'm not too sure. Do u know anything about freshers week? :)
    Yeah you can but I really hated Irish, even though I was pretty good at it, my teacher was always mean to me. :mad: I might try it in first year though. No not really, I only accepted my course this morning like, haven't registered or anything yet. :pac:

Yeah you can but I really hated Irish, even though I was pretty good at it, my teacher was always mean to me. :mad: I might try it in first year though. No not really, I only accepted my course this morning like, haven't registered or anything yet. :pac:

Yeah I'm trying to register now but it's a pain in the arse!!! I accepted my offer on Monday n I still haven't gotten a letter or anything :( do you live down in Galway? :)

Yeah I'm trying to register now but it's a pain in the arse!!! I accepted my offer on Monday n I still haven't gotten a letter or anything :( do you live down in Galway? :)

Is there even an opening day on? When does arts even start? Gah, i'm a noob. :( No, I'm from Tipperary actually, it's like a 2 hour drive to get up.

Is there even an opening day on? When does arts even start? Gah, i'm a noob. :( No, I'm from Tipperary actually, it's like a 2 hour drive to get up.

Aw that's not too bad then :) ive a 4 hour drive from derry :( I think our classes start on the 10th but orientation is 7/8th. Medicine people start earlier I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Get a room! :)

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    Get a room! :)[/Quote

I've got one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

And learn how to use the quote function! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement