Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 weeks with no debit card for lost laser!!

Options
  • 22-08-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

i've reported a lost laser card over two weeks ago now and was told that i would get a debit card to replace it.
    All sounded fine but still have not received a card!! i did phone last thursday to see where it was, to be told that there was high demand and that i should just wait! i informed her that i had no means to withdraw cash but was again told to wait my turn.
    Just wondering is more than 10 working days normal?? Are lost cards not prioritised??
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi NBO,

We'd like to look into this further for you.

We may need you to send a PM however since you are relatively new to Boards, we will need to send you a PM first and you can respond to that.

Please let us know if we can help in this way.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 24 in rainbows

I was waiting a month for my replacement, and that was with me calling to query and chase it up a number of times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

They appear to be prioritising new cards. My wife got one a couple of weeks ago, it had her maiden name rather then her married name on it. Despite her married name being on the outside of the envelope and the she only got a new Laser (which the new card replaced) in February with her married name. Anyway, she called the bank and a new corrected card arrived in a week.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi in rainbows,
    I was waiting a month for my replacement, and that was with me calling to query and chase it up a number of times

Apologies that you had a longer than normal wait for your replacement card. Due to the high number of Visa Debit cards we're currently issuing, it can take up to 10 working days to receive a replacement card. We expect that once the Visa Debit roll-out has been completed, the usual card replacement timeframe of approximately 5 working days will be restored.

Thanks for posting,
    Graham

Advertisement