Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question Re Adding Hops

Options
  • 22-08-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

Have an IPA in Primary atm. This will be my first time transferring to a secondary bin and I am also planning to add cascade hop pellets(have 100g bag). Do Ijust feck the pellets in after transferring to secondary bin and how much do ye reckon I should use, I like my ale pretty hoppy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

stuchyg wrote: »
    Have an IPA in Primary atm. This will be my first time transferring to a secondary bin and I am also planning to add cascade hop pellets(have 100g bag). Do Ijust feck the pellets in after transferring to secondary bin and how much do ye reckon I should use, I like my ale pretty hoppy

25-50g for a week, weigh them down will get you there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

With the pellets, I usually just dump them in. With flowers, I try to put them in some sort of cloth or paint bag (sanitized of course) and treat it like a tea bag.

If you are worried about hop sediment when throwing in the pellets (which I usually am) I would consider transferring once more right before you go to bottle/keg. You don't have to let it sit over night or anything, just let all the sludge settle during secondary and leave it at the bottom while transferring. This way, the beer is more drinkable and less "sedimenty".

Advertisement