Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asics Gel nimbus 12 v 14

• 22-08-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

I've always run in Asics Gel nimbus. Recently i've found my current shoes, Numbus 12 to have gone 'off'. There is over 750 heavy miles (i'm 85kg) on them.

Would it be OK to change from Nimbus 12 to Nimbus 14 bearing in mind I'm doing DCM in October.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

Defo a new pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dutchie

Thanks for the reply, Should i stick with the Nimbus 12's or upgrade to nimbus 14's? Is there much difference between the two?

Dutchie wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, Should i stick with the Nimbus 12's or upgrade to nimbus 14's? Is there much difference between the two?

You probably won't have much of a choice tbh. If you buy a pair online the spring could be gone out of them. Go to a good running shop. Search here for your area and get gait analysis done when buying the new pair. If you ask the person in the shop selling you runners what local club would they recommend to join and they can't answer run away.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

I have had about 6 pairs of Nimbus of various models, and currently have a pair of 12's and 13's on the go. If they work for you I wouldn't worry at all about the different models. I tend to retire mine around 700k's although I found the 13's seem to give plenty of mileage.

Personally I have decided to take a break from Asics for one reason and one reason only - their pricing strategy! €140 for the Nimbus 14's :eek: I dunno what market research they have done, but it feels like to me they are really takking the p1ss with those prices. I have been frustrated to see the price go up every year over the last 3 - 4 years, so eventually I decided to switch. I picked up a pair of Brooks for my last runners and am thinking of going back to Mizuno's for my next LSR pair. I would really like to express my frustration to Asics and let them know that they lost themselves a customer from pure over pricing.

PS If you are looking for a pair of Nimbus 12's and you are anywhere near the Kildare outlet village, the Asics store there usually has last year's or the previous year's models in stock and at a reasonable price.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 32 Rigsy

They have Nimbus 13 in the Asics shop in Kildare village for €108
    (just bought a pair myself today)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Paddy1234

rom wrote: »

You probably won't have much of a choice tbh. If you buy a pair online the spring could be gone out of them. Go to a good running shop. Search here for your area and get gait analysis done when buying the new pair. If you ask the person in the shop selling you runners what local club would they recommend to join and they can't answer run away.

Hi there just wondering what you mean by the spring being gone on a pair bought online? Thanks

I'm calling into Amphibian king tomorrow at lunch time. I think it's worth paying the extra for gait analysis and proper service. At the end of the day spending €140 per year on trainers is good value for money.

@rigsy did Asics in kildare village have the Nimbus 14's?

thanks

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 32 Rigsy

No. Only the13s I'm afraid.

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    Hi there just wondering what you mean by the spring being gone on a pair bought online? Thanks
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78824075 Condo131 posts should explain why.

I'm calling into Amphibian king tomorrow at lunch time. I think it's worth paying the extra for gait analysis and proper service. At the end of the day spending €140 per year on trainers is good value for money.

@rigsy did Asics in kildare village have the Nimbus 14's?

thanks
    I was all Asics until I started to run mizuno recently and they are much better wearing shoes IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Personally I have decided to take a break from Asics for one reason and one reason only - their pricing strategy! €140 for the Nimbus 14's :eek: I dunno what market research they have done, but it feels like to me they are really takking the p1ss with those prices.

PS If you are looking for a pair of Nimbus 12's and you are anywhere near the Kildare outlet village, the Asics store there usually has last year's or the previous year's models in stock and at a reasonable price.[/QUOTE]

check their site and they are 160euro

http://www.asics.ie/running/products/gel-nimbus-men/

I bought the nimbus 14's today in Amphibian king. Kevin carried out gait analysis on me and advised I stick with a neutral shoe. I know €160 is a lot of money, but if they prevent me from getting injured and ensure I run to my best well then its money well spent. They also look the business;)

I'm going to race with my Asics DS racers tomorrow.

Amphibian king have made some serious money out of me this month :D

Advertisement