Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Links to various forums on top bar not working

Options
  • 22-08-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭

Hi there
    The links to forums on the top bar aren't working for some of the headings i.e. Rec, Science, Soc, Sports, Sys & Tech. I hoover the cursor over an option e.g. GAA but neither does the hyperlink (i.e. underlined) appear nor does clicking on it bring me to the forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Are you pointing at the text? It should get underlined and change to a reddish orange colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Are you pointing at the text? It should get underlined and change to a reddish orange colour.
    Yes I am, it works for all the other ones I haven't listed above. The hyperlink on the ones I've listed isn't working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Can you give me some details on your setup: Operating system, browser etc.

Can you give me some details on your setup: Operating system, browser etc.
    XP, IE8.

Had a look on Mozilla and all the links are working on that browser.

Still not working. Just to illustrate the first screenshot shows a hyperlink that is working, in the second the mouse is hovering over Rec>Gambling and the hyperlink (red underlined) is not appearing. The third screenshot shows the same hyperlink working when in Mozilla. So the problem is clearly with IE8. Am I alone in having this issue?

boardsscreensaver1.png
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

boardsscreensaver2.png

boardsscreensaver3.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I'm going to say this is most likely an issue with just your own browser. I've just booted up a fresh copy of XP with a fresh install of IE8, I cannot reproduce your issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement