Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Design PC Spec - Graphics Design Newbie

Options
  • 22-08-2012 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am new to boards.ie and am looking for some advice on a PC Spec which I will be using to re-skill with Adobe CS6. I have played about with Adobe in the past as a web designer but I want to become more proficient with the product. I know the debate about which is better ( mac vs pc) is still ongoing but I personally don't want to move to a mac. My current setup is

-Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz
    - 8 Gb Ram
    -1 Tb sata h/d
    - Ati Radeon 2400 HD Pro video card

Is this beefy enough or do I need to upgrade ? Thanks in advance and I hope i am posting in the correct forum

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It really boils down to speed more than anything. If you're happy to wait a few seconds longer for heavy tasks it should do you fine for the most part. You'll notice the impact of some extra grunt when applying lots of high quality filters, rendering video (in Photoshop extended) or processing RAW files in Camera RAW. You've enough RAM for most tasks.

PS can also leverage your GPU, and yours is probably the weakest component in your PC. If you feel you need these benefits a newer, cheap AMD card should be fine.

Advertisement