Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for VV\VW conversion

Options
  • 22-08-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I bought this mod about a year ago, cost silly money and i never got on with it...it's a bottom feeder, so there is room inside for a juice bottle...
    Its a lovely device in the hand, and i always thought carto tanks and the newer vivi novas look good on it.

So it got me thinking, with all the room in there for the juice bottle that i'll never use, there must be a way to add some gadgetry to make it a VV device, or even preferably a VW device.

This is how it looks inside

Inside.jpg

Looking for suggestions really on the best way to do this, what components i need etc??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

If that's the 18650 model, then an 18500 and the Kick would fit in and give you the VW device of your dreams.
    A lot simpler than rebuilding with new schematics, unless you're mod-capable like mrplop, or maybe you want it to become a dual-battery mod (dual 18500s would be sweet though)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Yeah, though about the kick alright, but I'd like to keep the battery life of an 18650 if I could. Not sure it would work anyway, I thought it was only for metal tube mods. Also would prefer regulated voltage\wattage over a second battery...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

To get the kick to work in this all you'd need to do would be to install a metal strip to be able to ground the spring on the kick to get an earth, lots of people have it installed in bottom feeders too.

failing that if you're feeling brave, have you heard of the DNA 12 from Evolv? it's a chip that you can install that'll give you VW
    http://evolvapor.com/our-products/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Very basic but easy solution, if you picked up one of the VV mod kits from the likes of madvapes and transplanted the parts into your box?

http://www.madvapes.com/variable-volt-box-mod-kit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I don't know if there's a regulator that would do watts as well as volts but madvapes sell a box mod an ohm reader - if they start selling the board separately you'd be in business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I was only after one or the other, but VW preferably.
    I think I'll just go with the kick, it transferable to other mods aswell.

Will try some rewiring, so i can keep the 18650 aswell as the kick...

Advertisement