Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE Gigs (Ash, Therapy?, The Minutes etc) THIS WEEKEND

Options
  • 22-08-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭

As part of the Dublin Tall Ships event there's a free music event also taking place at Georges Dock :D:D

Acts are :-

Thurs 24th

13.30-14.10 Foreign Slippers
    14.20-15.00 Riptide Movement
    15.10-15.40 The Original Rudeboys
    15.50-16.30 Scullion
    16.45-17.25 Foy Vance
    17.40-18.50 Duke Special
    19.15-20.30 Cathy Davey
    21.00-22.30 Jerry Fish

Fri 24th

14.00-14.40 The Animators
    14.55-15.35 Rams Pocket Radio
    15.50-16.30 The Minutes
    16.45-17.30 Lost Brothers
    17.45-18.45 Mark Geary
    19.15-20.30 Ryan Sheridan
    21.00-22.30 Ash

Sat 25th

14.00-14.40 Mighty Stef
    14.55-15.35 The Spook of the 13th Lock
    15.50-16.30 This Club
    16.45-17.30 Delorentos
    17.45-18.45 Frank & Walters
    19.15-20.30 Therapy?
    21.00-22.30 The Undertones

Sun 26th

11.00-11.30 Craiceann
    11.45-13.15 Dublin Gospel Choir
    13.30-14.00 Harry J & The Conspiracy

CRACKING little line up for free, IMO better than the crap that Guinness have put out this year.

More info here wit a map

http://www.dublintallships.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/DTS_PublicMap_Schedule.pdf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Why have they not promoted the gigs more? Had no real idea, will probably head in now though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

nm wrote: »
    Why have they not promoted the gigs more? Had no real idea, will probably head in now though

Have no idea, was thinking of popping into town to watch some ships, checked out the page and it was all there, now i'm def gonna come in, some cracking bands and doesn't get much better than free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I was actually *just* coming here to post this thread! Friend told me about it, I'm aboslutely shocked at how little promotion they've given it. Cracking lineup.

I'm going to Santigold tomorrow in the Button Factory but hoping to see Cathey Davey at 19.15-20.30 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Annoyed I was missing Ash, worse seeing The Minutes on lineup.

Might go Saturday though for Therapy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Re: Promoting this .... eh, it's been all over the TV for months !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Therapy? Focking awesome!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Damn, away this weekend, would have liked to see Therapy?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Today's line up is brilliant. Can't wait to see Scullion. Hope the rain holds off a bit, looking dodgy at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

cant wait for a rousing rendition of "Sail the Boats" by TMS. Guaranteed to be his opening song on saturday!!

A very nice setup I must say, went in for Scullion and ended up staying the whole day

Although when it's getting full they stop letting people in, even though it's nowhere near full. Must be health and safety because it is all on the water. Jerry Fish was doing his usual getting everyone to jump up and down, I was afraid the bottom was gonna go out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Duke Special was great. and no crowd at all, got right up to the front with ease :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Might head into this tonight, wouldn't mind seeing Ash. Wish the rain would feck off though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

What are the outdoor bars like down there? Much selection etc?

The line up is well impressive for a freebie so might call down tomorrow for a couple beers and some grub if the weather isn't miserable. Great to see that part of town busy for once!

lc180 wrote: »
    What are the outdoor bars like down there? Much selection etc?

The line up is well impressive for a freebie so might call down tomorrow for a couple beers and some grub if the weather isn't miserable. Great to see that part of town busy for once!

Bulmers and Becks I think is all they do in the outside bar where the stage is

Nice atmosphere, great to see Ash again, haven't seen them since the 2001 Witness Festival!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mockingbird

anyone know who is organising this gig?

anyone know who is organising this gig?

It's part of the Dublin Tall Ships festival. I haven't checked but there might be info on this website about who's organising it.

http://www.dublintallships.ie/

It was a nice gig last night. I got there about 8.30pm and there was a bit of a queue to get in, but nothing major. What was confusing was that there was a guy on a loudspeaker saying it was full and they couldn't let any more people in but the queue kept moving. At this stage I was a bit annoyed with myself for not getting there sooner. But it didn't matter as I'd say I was queuing for no more than about 10 minutes and I got in easily (as did everyone else ahead of me and behind me I assume). The area where you watch the concert was nowhere near full and there was plenty of space. I think a lot of people elected to sit/stand along the bars at the back and watch the concert from there.

Here's tonight's lineup. Therapy and The Undertones I guess are the main acts today.

http://www.dublintallships.ie/festival/saturday-25th/

G-Money wrote: »
    It's part of the Dublin Tall Ships festival. I haven't checked but there might be info on this website about who's organising it.

http://www.dublintallships.ie/

It was a nice gig last night. I got there about 8.30pm and there was a bit of a queue to get in, but nothing major. What was confusing was that there was a guy on a loudspeaker saying it was full and they couldn't let any more people in but the queue kept moving. At this stage I was a bit annoyed with myself for not getting there sooner. But it didn't matter as I'd say I was queuing for no more than about 10 minutes and I got in easily (as did everyone else ahead of me and behind me I assume). The area where you watch the concert was nowhere near full and there was plenty of space. I think a lot of people elected to sit/stand along the bars at the back and watch the concert from there.

Here's tonight's lineup. Therapy and The Undertones I guess are the main acts today.

http://www.dublintallships.ie/festival/saturday-25th/

What I got was they only allow X amount in. when people exited the other side they let 20 more people in. that was how they did it on Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Ash played a blinder, one of their best performances, overall great and surprising lineup usually at these sort of things its a local jazz or blues band.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I hear Therapy? were incredible as usual. Played lots of Troublegum - being a free gig I presume they were aiming for the widest possible music tastes. Unfortunately I'm not in Ireland any more & no chance of seeing them in the Middle East, I'm not sure their subject matter would suit local sensibilities...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Therapy? were phenomenal. I was at the front, sound was spot on. They looked like they were having a great time, never lost any enthusiasm for the music, like teeagers on stage. No Opal Mantra yet again. Made my weeked, and it was free by golly!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 AaronPunk

My second time seeing Therapy? yesterday with a mate (it was his first time).
    They seemed to have sound problems from the back but when I got closer to the stage it seemed to go away.
    I would have loved to hear Opal Mantra too, but I'm surprised they didn't play Diane.
    Great gig. I stayed for about a half an hour of The Undertones. They weren't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

went to see therapy and undertones last night. no problem getting in, no queueing for drinks, toilet q moved real quick as well, bands played blinders, all in all a top nights entertainment

Advertisement