Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one year subject ?

• 22-08-2012 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭

any subjects which could be done in one year as a repeat student ? btw i'm already doing ag.science

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭ManMade

Agricultural economics but I'm not too sure. Good luck with ag science tried it last year during TY and it was easy if you put some effort in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

ManMade wrote: »
    Agricultural economics but I'm not too sure. Good luck with ag science tried it last year during TY and it was easy if you put some effort in.
    Is ag. economics hard ? I know its relative but doable in a year ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

and is there a project in ag.economics ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

If you are willing to put in the effort there is a lot that can be done via grinds schools in one year. Ag science is the most popular but i know students who have done geography in 1 year or business and gotten on well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭ManMade

It's basically economics but they sub in the farm economy, well according to my uncle anyway haven't really looked into it. If you've done normal economics definitely look into it. Ag science course though is a handy sized course for over one year so that might be enough. Never really heard of people taking on any other subject than it when repeating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

Geography is a grand one to do in 1 year as you can do it by just memorising essays... A lot of it is common sense too. If you've an aptitude for Biology it's also do-able in a year, some people would strongly disagree but if you understand it then it's very straight forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭dcam

I've also heard home economics and accounting being mentioned as good one year subjects but can't really vouch for them as I took on ag science myself when I repeated. I would say though business or geography is probably your best bet. And yes there is a project for ag economics don't have any details though I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

I did economics in 7 months got a B2 it's very handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jsmscork

Ag Ec is the application of Economics to the agricultural sector. It is a relatively short course and you don't need a background in agriculture. There is a project worth 20%.

Unfortunately, it is only in Cork or Dublin that there are Ag Ec classes running as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Creidim

Isn't there a rule against doing Ag. Science and Ag. Economics? Maybe I'm wrong but I think they always put those exams on at the same time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Creidim wrote: »
    Isn't there a rule against doing Ag. Science and Ag. Economics? Maybe I'm wrong but I think they always put those exams on at the same time..

No your thinking of economics and ag economics they cant both be done.

Ag science and ag economics can be done as a combination:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Creidim wrote: »

I don't see an issue with Ag. Science and Ag. Economics.
    From the SEC site:

Subject Exclusions
    Candidates may not take any of following subject combinations:

1. Physics and Chemistry and either of the separate subjects, Physics or Chemistry.
    2. Economics and Agricultural Economics.
    3. Classical Studies and Latin.
    4. Classical Studies and Ancient Greek.

Advertisement