Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Lennon's killer seeks freedom again

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Why did John Lennon get shot? Yoko ducked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Latchy wrote: »
    Exactly ...he wouldn't last long on the outside either .It's just a pity that he didn't top himself as planned before he 'murdered ' Lennon
    Why did you put murdered in inverted commas?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Ok so he is a murderer, but lets face he murdered the most hypocritical,self seeking, egotistical fúcker of his generation, John Lennon was no loss to the world....remember this is a guy who sang about injustice,poverty, and starvation while being chauffer driven in a white Rolls Royce.
    !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'll be eaten alive for this but did the guy not do the rest of the Beatles a big favour by killing Lennon. I've always thought that the Beatles are over rated. I think that if Lennon hadn't been assassinated that the Beatles would never have attained the legendary status that they have. I don't condone the guy killing him.

*I'll get my coat*

But they already had attained legendary status by the time Lennon was shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

SocSocPol wrote: »
    Ok so he is a murderer, but lets face he murdered the most hypocritical,self seeking, egotistical fúcker of his generation, John Lennon was no loss to the world....remember this is a guy who sang about injustice,poverty, and starvation while being chauffer driven in a white Rolls Royce.
    !

And he was unique in that was he? What a stupid thing to say. He made some great music and he made a lot of money, and at least he sang about poverty, starvation and injustice instead of bitches and bling or whatever. Cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

!

He also used to beat his first wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Why did you put murdered in inverted commas?:confused:
    Why ...does it bother you :confused:

I felt like it .
    summerskin wrote: »
    He also used to beat his first wife.
    So did Ike Turner and lots of other famous people, which doesn't make it right but he wasn't unique in that respect .
    !
    If Lennon is no loss to the world then it doesn't say much all the other self indulgent fcukers of his and other generations after ,including this one .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Shryke wrote: »
    And he was unique in that was he? What a stupid thing to say. He made some great music and he made a lot of money, and at least he sang about poverty, starvation and injustice instead of bitches and bling or whatever. Cop on.
    Cop on yourself, he made his money by pretending to one thing, while swigging champers and gorging on caviar while sneering at both those who stupidly believed in him and those he claimed that he wanted to help. For my money Chapman should get a medal.

Advertisement