Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with UPC Thomson TWG870 Open Ports

Options
  • 22-08-2012 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi,

I have this router for 9/10 months and no issues. However, I now need to open ports on my static IP Games and STB. I have been through portforward.com and other such sites but when I use port checker websites the ports always show as closed.

I have allowed for the firewall and have tried many combinations of the below screen-shot but still no joy. I am not that tech savvy and may be doing something totally ignorant so please bear with me.......

My IP address is that of my router - no matter what device is behind my router? External IP beginning with 89.100........, as opposed my Home network IP of 192.168..........?

So to allow external access to my ports what setting do I need for the following

Internal IP - Start Port - End port
    External IP - Remote Host address - Start port - End Port

I feel I am missing something simple here but don't have the knowledge as to what is exactly the issue. All combinations I have tried result in ports being reported as closed.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Did you ever get this sorted?
    I'm having similar issues...

Advertisement