Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scholarships

Options
  • 22-08-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey, I was wondering if anyone out there could help me. I was on UL's site earlier, reading through all of the available scholarships, and I found this:

Scéim scoláireachtaí gaeilge tríú Leibhéal (neamh-theoranta)
    Fifteen scholarships are awarded by the DES annually on a competitive basis to students who have, among other things, attended an all-Irish second-level school and reached a certain minimum standard in the Leaving Certificate. These scholarships are only awarded in respect of third level courses approved under the Higher Education Grants Scheme.

I'm wondering if this is still available. I've tried to find out more about it, UL have a link to www.education.ie, but after spending a good hour trawling through everything I've yet to find even a mention of it. Is this scholarship still available? And if so, how would I go about applying?

Any information/help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Paddy Rockett, the Education Officer deals with bursaries and scholarships I think. At least that's what I was told when I rang SAA. You can get him at suacademic@ul.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 29 victoria.eliza

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Paddy Rockett, the Education Officer deals with bursaries and scholarships I think. At least that's what I was told when I rang SAA. You can get him at suacademic@ul.ie

Thanks, I'll try that now:) I rang the college earlier this evening but I'd imagine I rang the wrong department, as the lady I was speaking to didn't have very much information.

Advertisement