Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Picture Quality Issue

Options
  • 23-08-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Just after buying a nex Xbox 360 & an LG LS575 42inch tv. But I'm not happy with the picture quality on the games especially when text comes up it is very blurry and is difficult to read. The only thing I think it might be is, no HDMI cable came with either and my TV does not have a scart socket, so I'm using the av cables and have them connected to my AV2 connection on the TV. Anyone know why this could be happening? and if I buy a good HDMI cable should it improve?
    Thanks and appreciate any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

GAMAN wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Just after buying a nex Xbox 360 & an LG LS575 42inch tv. But I'm not happy with the picture quality on the games especially when text comes up it is very blurry and is difficult to read. The only thing I think it might be is, no HDMI cable came with either and my TV does not have a scart socket, so I'm using the av cables and have them connected to my AV2 connection on the TV. Anyone know why this could be happening? and if I buy a good HDMI cable should it improve?
    Thanks and appreciate any help

You are using a cable with red white and yellow connectors? If so it will look like a ps2 :D

Go get a hdmi cable from the nearest €2 shop and it will look 100x better.

Dont believe anything you hear about €30 hdmi cables or gold plated ones :rolleyes: For what you need it for they are all the same, only thing about the ones from the €2 shops are they can be a little on the short side, either 1m or 1.5m long not an issue the xbox is close to the TV.

Edit: Oh I got a 4m one in tesco a few months back for 8.99 if i recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭GAMAN

Hi Calex71,

That is the news i wanted to hear, off to buy a hdmi cable.

Thanks again

Advertisement