Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting in AIT

• 23-08-2012 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

A friend of mine accepted an offer to AIT yesterday but she hasn't got any emails or anything from them yet, has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SaveMeBarry

Well I accepted a place on Monday and have since got a letter from AIT. It's just one that tells you to make an informed decision about your offers though, so nothing that has acknowledged the acceptance.

Hope some of that made sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mortyn93

Well I accepted a place on Monday and have since got a letter from AIT. It's just one that tells you to make an informed decision about your offers though, so nothing that has acknowledged the acceptance.

Hope some of that made sense :)

Thank you! And does the letter happen to say when first years are supposed to start or anything like that?

Your welcome. And no it doesn't actually say but I know that we start on the 10th :) Heard it from a few of the landlords when I was viewing accommodation.

Your welcome. And no it doesn't actually say but I know that we start on the 10th :) Heard it from a few of the landlords when I was viewing accommodation.

Cheers, thanks a million :D

Not a problem :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

1st years start the 10th, everyone else on the 4th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭paul9mm

In case this helps:

Just got an email this morning from AIT admissions, on Monday 27th Aug, the information/registration packs are being posted from AIT to arrive Wed.

Re Wesf,
    not all first years are starting on Mon 10th, I'm starting first year on 11th.

the year begins for new incoming students on the 10th, your course starts the 11th

According to Ms O'Callaghan at Admissions, first day for certain students is Tuesday 11th.
    Just reporting what I was told, proabably be changed when we get info next week...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

feck all going on for the first while anyway, speedymeets etc

Any idea of time frame for first week? I ask as in midst of exams and may miss a day in first week. Is it a week of meet tutors, meet fellow students and get walking tour of camus?
    Thanks.

Yeh will just be mostly meeting class mates, lecturers and finding rooms etc

paul9mm wrote: »
    In case this helps:

Just got an email this morning from AIT admissions, on Monday 27th Aug, the information/registration packs are being posted from AIT to arrive Wed.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 arghpat

Hey, I accepted a course in AIT on Monday but haven't received any letter or email from the AIT since. When should I worry??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ciara32065

Hey i didn't either but i think they're sending info/registration packs this monday :)

Hi, already posted this in another forum, but just in case..

I called AIT on Monday on another matter and was told that the packs/registration info is now being posted tomorrow, Wed 29th, expected to arrive to all before the weekend.

Also, I asked specifically about exact start date for first years and told, Tuesday Sept.11th.
    In case this helps,
    Paul

I called AIT on Monday on another matter and was told that the packs/registration info is now being posted tomorrow, Wed 29th, expected to arrive to all before the weekend.

Also, I asked specifically about exact start date for first years and told, Tuesday Sept.11th.
    In case this helps,
    Paul

Thank you so much, this is great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 Scan111

Anyone starting computer engineering this year? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jojo_94

In case this helps,
    Paul

Thank you so much. Was beginning to get really concerned about not receiving any info from ait yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 fifipie_d

Starting Business w/ Music and Instrument Tech, can't wait for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 1991cdj

Same i wonder what its gonna be like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fifipie_d

1991cdj wrote: »
    Same i wonder what its gonna be like :)

Hey :)
    Have you had a look at the timetables on AIT's webpage? Looks interesting. There's 2 classes, must have been a big demand for places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

fifipie_d wrote: »
    Starting Business w/ Music and Instrument Tech, can't wait for it :)

Hey, congrats on getting into MAIT as it was dubbed back in my day :P It's probably a lot different now (I was in the first year..) but totally worth the effort. Just remember that you're not gonna be a superstar music producer immediately, each aspect (business, sound eng and inst. tech) takes a lot of effort on your part, but if you put in the graft then Ruth (Kennington, head lecturer and lovely lady) will be behind you 110%! PM me if you have questions and I'll try to answer...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 1991cdj

fifipie_d wrote: »
    Hey :)
    Have you had a look at the timetables on AIT's webpage? Looks interesting. There's 2 classes, must have been a big demand for places.
    Yeah when i was down looking at places to stay i heard there was alot of people doing it. Yeah just looking at the timetable now it doesn't look bad at all, its only 16 hours. I hope i get the A timetable because the Friday afternoon is free which would mean i could go home on the bus that day.Id have to wait till Saturday to go home if i got the B :)

Still haven't received registration info even though 2 of my friends that are going to ait got both their info packs today. Anyone else not get theirs today? Or should i be worried? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 martin555

Haven't recieved anything from AIT either ???

Just rang ait and they told me that the majority of the info packs would not be sent out till monday or tuesday for first years. If you still haven't received anything by tuesday then you have to give them a call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 martin555

• Advertisement

HI
    FYI, just did a quick scan of the "Welcome to AIT registration" booklet, in case anyone wondering how registration will be run and still waiting for the pack to arrive.
    NB: Only for engineering.
    Paul

Advertisement