Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blake's

Options
  • 23-08-2012 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Anyone eat here yet? I was just wondering is it worth a gawk...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

I was there last weekend, the food was nice but the service was very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

had dinner race week.
    cant complain, food, service and quality top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Yep, ate there today and it was grand. Two specials and two coffees plus two purple snack bars for less than €17. Brilliant. Quality of food was very good. Will go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

his is a sister pub of 'the front door' and 'the dail bar' and an other one or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 underfed

Great food, service and attention to detail. Great atmosphere and very comfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

underfed wrote: »
    Great food, service and attention to detail. Great atmosphere and very comfortable.

welcome aboard. get to see you signed up to comment on this post. :rolleyes:

interesting username also! underfed???? mmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I think this is your first time undercover. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Excellent staff, loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Think John might prefer if you stayed quiet. Normally when a staff member tries to promote their workplace us Boardsies avoid it totally. Hope you hav'nt ruined it for him :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jupiler_beer

Anyone eat here yet? I was just wondering is it worth a gawk...

Not a very appetising way to describe a restaurant "gawk" :D. I used of hearing had a dose of the gawks (getting sick).

• Registered Users Posts: 8 underfed

For all you suspicious characters out there I have absolutely no connection with Blakes or any of its sister establishments.
    I just enjoyed a very nice meal there in pleasant surroundings. I was "wellfed" after it.

Using your first posts to promote a business is just going to make you look like a shill (paid promoter). It also harms the business as people stay away from businesses that does this, in this case Blake's.

Don't post in this thread again and don't promote any business until you have 3-400 posts or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

thanks for explaining what a shill is biko. I finally know. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

For all you suspicious characters out there I have absolutely no connection with Blakes or any of its sister establishments.
    I just enjoyed a very nice meal there in pleasant surroundings. I was "wellfed" after it.

Stop digging :D. Plenty of other recommendations here though so i won't be put off by one potential shill.

Best for you to go post on other topics and leave the blakes thread alone if you're not a shill:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭R0UF

10/10 for me really enjoyed my meal there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

biko wrote: »
    Don't post in this thread again and don't promote any business until you have 3-400 posts or so.

Does that apply to everyone? I don't often do reviews but I don't think this 300-400 number is fair. I am an infrequent poster but I still think my opinion is equally valid.

Birroc wrote: »
    Does that apply to everyone? I don't often do reviews but I don't think this 300-400 number is fair. I am an infrequent poster but I still think my opinion is equally valid.
    It varies. Really what it is about is that a user needs to be established. With a good number of posts or years it's more likely a poster is "for real". Before that it's hard to gauge a person and thus their intentions with posting, hence the restrictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

But the thing is how do ya know?! Like, peeps sound like they have it sussed that this Poster is shilling, but it's as if they know that for sure already?!? :confused: I'd kinda be frikened to recommend anything around here 'cuz I don't want to get given out to!! :D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I thought Blake's was in Kilconly. Where I must say the service is Top Notch & the food is excellent.. Taytos, Pink Snacks...

• Advertisement

I do think it's a bad choice of name as we already have K.C. Blake's...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The place has been called Blake's corner for years.
    The name is grand.

And besides, nobody here is silly enough to actually eat in K.C. Blake's (the food is decent, but really over priced, unless they have come down a lot in the last 3 years).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Seaneh wrote: »
    The name is grand.

And besides, nobody here is silly enough to actually eat in K.C. Blake's (the food is decent, but really over priced, unless they have come down a lot in the last 3 years).

Where is Blakes/Blakes corner? And what kind of eatery is this - pub/restaurant?

I agree KC Blakes food is overpriced but the early bird is a pretty good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Where is Blakes/Blakes corner? And what kind of eatery is this - pub/restaurant?

I agree KC Blakes food is overpriced but the early bird is a pretty good deal.

Corner of Eglington and Mary Streets - immediately across the road from Eddie Rockets.

Upmarket pub (Blakes) and restaurant ("Brasserie on the Corner" according to the signs - I expect everyone will simply call it "Blakes"). Owned by the same man (JM) who owns the Dail and Front Door.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Seaneh wrote: »
    The name is grand.

Really? Its only opened recently, and I thought it was called Cullinane's before that... :confused:

We always called it Cullinane's.

Advertisement