Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless network issue

Options
  • 23-08-2012 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I cant seem to figure out how to solve this problem.

In the diagram you can see the range of the wireless signals from both devices. if a person walks with lets say their iphone or laptop from room A to room B, the device can stay connected to the eircom router which now gives a very poor signal. the person has to manually connect to the access point in order to get proper internet speed. is there a way i could make the router and the access point the same network instead of the access point being a different network. I was messing around with a wireless range extender and that was ok but what would be really cool is a wired range extender. so in short is it possible to make the access point broadcast the same network?

I hope this makes sense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Just give them the same name, password and other settings. On the lan side make sure only 1 is running dhcp.

Advertisement