Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM2011 problem

Options
  • 23-08-2012 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭

I picked up a new copy of FM2011 earlier today on the cheap. I can install it no problem and it plays automatically straight after and thats perfect aswell but when I quit to desktop I cant find a shortcut to start the game again.

There's no desktop shortcut or start menu shortcut nor is there a shorcut in the game file folder.

Anyone experience this? Is there a fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Schwiiing wrote: »
    I picked up a new copy of FM2011 earlier today on the cheap. I can install it no problem and it plays automatically straight after and thats perfect aswell but when I quit to desktop I cant find a shortcut to start the game again.

There's no desktop shortcut or start menu shortcut nor is there a shorcut in the game file folder.

Anyone experience this? Is there a fix?

Have you tried going to Computer -> C: Drive -> Program Files -> Sports Interactive ->

It should be in there somewhere I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Its possible the desktop and start menu shortcuts were options you deselected, or skipped when installing it.

You should be looking for a .exe file in the directory its installed in. You can create a shortcut of that by right clicking on it.

Don't know the name of that file though, didn't have fm2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Its possible the desktop and start menu shortcuts were options you deselected, or skipped when installing it.
    {QUOTE]

that option never appears during installation.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Have you tried going to Computer -> C: Drive -> Program Files -> Sports Interactive ->

It should be in there somewhere I think.

that folder is empty when I click on it.

there's another folder but it seems to be for setup/installation.:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Schwiiing wrote: »

that option never appears during installation.

It does for FM2010 and FM2012.

You say the installation folder is empty? That doesn't make sense. You might be better off to uninstall and re-install.

• Advertisement

It does for FM2010 and FM2012.

You say the installation folder is empty? That doesn't make sense. You might be better off to uninstall and re-install.

no the installation folder is full. the game folder itself is empty when clicked on.

Could you post screenshots of both folders so we can see what you see?

if possible, try to include the filepaths in the addressbar.

Advertisement