Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: FAI Ford Cup Round Three; Aug 24, 2012

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Apparently Buttimer did his best to ruin the UCD Derry game.

Man is a muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

doncarlos wrote: »
    We were no great shakes but Malahide were very poor. Could have easily scored another couple quite easily.

Overall Dundalk were the better team which they should be with them being a premier division side and scored 4 goals, but there were parts when Malahide were the better team and apart from the goals i didnt think there was that much between the 2 sides.
    Dundalk goals came from sloppy defending and a keeper error for the second and Malahide were unlucky not to go one up in the first few minutes when they hit the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

oldyouth wrote: »
    From reports it appears The Youths put in a good display in Drogheda. Only beaten 1-0 and threatening on the break. We had our left midfield player, Aidan Keenan, in goal with our No.1 suspended and our No.2 injured

Youths played very well i have to say . Very quick on the break and could have got one . Drogs where a very changed side with our 2 centre halfs out injured/ suspended . Mulvenna scored a cracker that was ruled out for offside , was never off . Officials where dire as per usual ... Craptown in the next round please .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Or a taxi driver in Liverpool...
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Delighted we not on TV this week, great Sligo crowd at the game reckon 800-1000 easy.QUOTE]

Was a Sligo invasion on Camden St last night, tonnes of them about.

We should have had the match wrapped up much earlier, Casso with the two chances, Cronin with one and Hughes iirc with another, all great chances. Cherry Orchard are by far the worse LSL side I've seen against us, didn't look up to much for the most part, and a peno and a flukey header for their goals.

In all fairness Crumlin Utd beat Dundalk earlier this season and outplayed them for 90 mins.

424! Was shocking attendance which won't be improving anytime soon.

I'll be down there against St. Pats, but that's not much, isn't it? :confused:

Anyway, when is the draw for the next round? Or did I miss that already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Draw 2mrw on MNS

Draw 2mrw on MNS

Thanks.

See who Shels get next on the way to the final :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dub XV wrote: »
    Gav wtf happened your noggin :pac:

Kasabian + alcohol + footpath = my noggin! As many people pointed out, the white gaze covering it blended in well with my pale skin! Could have expressed your concern on Friday...
    Lars1916 wrote: »
    Thanks.

See who Shels get next on the way to the final :D

Hopefully Pats, automatic bye...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I thought Greacen had gone to Portadown or Glentoran or Glenavon or someone in the Irish League before the start of the season..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohs vs Dundalk..... have that :)

• Advertisement

So it's Shels vs Shamrock Rovers? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yes:(

CSF wrote: »
    Yes:(

Was that draw a fake? Rigged?

Was that draw a fake? Rigged?
    Probably legit, just means we're pretty much out. The only real hope was that we'd get Mervue/Waterford, Bohs would hammer Rovers again, Dundalk would upset Drogheda, and Derry would sneak past Pats, leaving the 4 of us in a Battle Royale of the once-great now-turds of the league.

Probably legit, just means we're pretty much out. The only real hope was that we'd get Mervue/Waterford, Bohs would hammer Rovers again, Dundalk would upset Drogheda, and Derry would sneak past Pats, leaving the 4 of us in a Battle Royale of the once-great now-turds of the league.

I predict a win after penalty shootout, Chris Bennion saving one or two pennos. Not joking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

dfx- wrote: »
    I thought Greacen had gone to Portadown or Glentoran or Glenavon or someone in the Irish League before the start of the season..

He did, Glentoran, then came back for personal reasons I think.

Good draw for us, home to Waterford/Mervue. Hopefully should be us in the semi's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

there is a replay to e played first if necessary. If Bennion is near the pitch we are definitely fooked

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    there is a replay to e played first if necessary. If Bennion is near the pitch we are definitely fooked

Sorry, I thought the decision would be on one night only.

And Bennion...reminds me of Jens Lehmann, after he joined Borussia Dortmund. he was brutal, everybody slagging him, but then he saved two pennos in a UEFA cup match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Well, if Shels do manage to beat Shams they'll have got over the best team left in it.

Yeah, big if.

born2bwild wrote: »
    Well, if Shels do manage to beat Shams they'll have got over the best team left in it.

Yeah, big if.
    Too big an if.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So it's Shels vs Shamrock Rovers? :eek:

If Shels don't get a man sent off within the first 5 minutes, the game will be very much on..

But hopefully they'll play Anto Murphy and Skinner too.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Nothing to lose.

Apart from a place in the cup semis obviously. :pac:

We seriously need to get our defence sorted out by then. Sort of hope Shamrock get back into the title race in the next three weeks. :D

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Nothing to lose.

Apart from a place in the cup semis obviously. :pac:

We seriously need to get our defence sorted out by then. Sort of hope Shamrock get back into the title race in the next three weeks. :D

Which might motivate them to get the Double...

Advertisement