Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin forerunner 410 connection to PC

Options
  • 23-08-2012 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi there
    I have a Garmin forerunner 410 and it will not connect to my pc, I had a fr110 and it was no prob at all. all the sofewear I download says I need Windows Media V11 and when I follow the link to windows it says no longer avalable I need the new version. I have windows XP and v12 is for windows 7 apparently, and as for the Ant+ I might as well plug a carrot into the usb slot it does not pick it up. I hope someone can help as I really like to track my progress and maps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

Not sure if I can be a lot of help, but I had problems with my new 410 this week too.

Can't help you regarding the windows media thing (can't see why you'd need that) but I had trouble with the Ant until I moved it from my USB hub to an unused slot on the back of the pc - presumably less interference. My wireless mouse was interfering with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Have you paired the Garmin USB Ant+ stick to the 410? Can't understand why you would need Windows Media Player 12. At what stage of the process do you get that message? You could do as the other poster suggested and try moving the USB stick to another port (though it's not wireless interference, but rather it forces the computer to re-install the ANT+ drivers when it's inserted in a different port).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Are you downloading the software before connecting the usb stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gate22

was on hiolls sorry, downloaded straight to pc. but on home pc tells me i need media 11 when i go to download that it says i need updated version. thats at the ant+ plus usb updates on Garmin

Advertisement