Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Split Nails

• 23-08-2012 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a 'cure' for nails which grow split vertically,what used to be just ridges now grow with an actual split. All I have been able to do so far is keep them as short as possible.There is a preparation to paint on them but no one has ever found that it works. Would welcome any suggestions thanks.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Zinc deficiency causes weak and unhealthy nails.

The following foods would be good to include in your diet... oysters, pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate (YAY!!!), crab, peanuts... I'm sure there's lots more I can't think of.....

I'd always look at your diet before taking a supplement, see where you can amend your diet to get more zinc... if you still find your nails in poor condition, then perhaps look at taking a zinc supplement.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭fourcats

Thank you for that advice, I had a feeling any improvement would have to come from within, just not sure what that might be, thought it might be calcium or protein both of which are not lacking in my diet but zinc may well be.
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I had the same problem OP and I bought a strengthening nail polish from 17 - it can be used on its own or as a base coat and it has calcium in it. It really helped my nails, definitely give it a go.

Food wise, eggs and dairy are good for nails.

Also, if you file, make sure to file only in one direction as going over and back weakens the nail big time. And get a nail polish remover with no acetone.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭fourcats

Will try that. 17 shouldn't be too expensive either thanks.

Advertisement