Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New runners - do I need to break them in before race?

Options
  • 23-08-2012 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just bought a new pair of saucony runners exactly the same make and size of my old ones which I've got about 400 miles out of. I am running the Frank Duffy 10 mile on Saturday. Would I need to break the runners in first or would it be ok to wear them for the first time in a race? Don't want to risk getting injured.

I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Much better off breaking them in. why risk it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Depends on the shoe for me. If it's a lightweight racer I would rarely break them in before a race, bar wear them around the house. For a 10m race, wear around the house for a few hours and take them out for a short spin today to check for any areas that might rub.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

If you are stuck for time just swap the insoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

For me it depends how bad the old one's are.I would have no issure with the same model breaking in but everyone is differn't.
    My answer = go for it :)

Advertisement