Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct bus from Doughiska to Salthill

Options
  • 23-08-2012 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Getting a bit confused trying to figure this one out - is there a bus that would bring me from Doughiska/Roscam directly to Salthill? Or will I need to get bus into town and then grab a second bus - seems to be a bus from Merlin Park that might serve direct to Salthill, but not sure...

thanks,
    lampsie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

Your best bet is to get the 409 from Roscam which departs every 15 minutes to Eyre Square where you can get on the 401 to Salthill. There is no direct bus from Roscam to Salthill. But Eyre Square is the terminus for all buses and is easy to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

lampsie wrote: »
    Getting a bit confused trying to figure this one out - is there a bus that would bring me from Doughiska/Roscam directly to Salthill? Or will I need to get bus into town and then grab a second bus - seems to be a bus from Merlin Park that might serve direct to Salthill, but not sure...

thanks,
    lampsie

If you can manage to regard lower Knocknacarra as upper Salthill, then the 402 - Seacrest (which leaves from Merlin Park) might do the trick. (you still have to get from Doughiska/Roscam to Merlin Park, though, it's a longer walk than you would think).

But if you want the bit of Salthill that's near the sea, then the 409 then 401-or-413 combination is the way to go.

And if you're an adult going there and back on the same day, I'd strongly recommend a day-pass (which doesn't work on 413). More fare info here.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Was just thinking that about the best you could do to get right across town was walk in to the back of Merlin Park Hospital from the doughiska side & get the 402. But that goes to Knocknacarra more than Salthill, I think some stops might be in walking distance though.

Incidentally i was asked which bus was best for the Salthill campgrounds recently. I was thinking the 2 used to go out that way so it would be the 402. Since I didn't think 401 went out that far, but could be getting confused about the 402 route on the far side of town since I've never gone beyond the side of the hospital(UCHG) on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

One of the BE buses, I think a 4E (then), used to go as far as what used to be called the Spinnaker Hotel before turning up to Kingston. I used to go Knocknacarra to Renmore a lot. Its an easy walk from Doughiska thru the woods to Merlin Pk; go from Centra past the playground.

Advertisement