Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Repeats Question Urgent!?

Options
  • 23-08-2012 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, I have a qca of 1.96 so I'm doing 2 repeat exams. If I pass one but fail the other repeat surely my qca will be greater than 2.00 and I will be able to pass the year? This ever happen to anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

If you get a F in either of your two exams then you cannot proceed to the next year. You would need to do a link in module. However,two D2's would be enough for you to pass,providing it was two F's you got the last time you did them

• Registered Users Posts: 12 onthebhoys

Thanks mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I've three repeats, just keep studying from now any you will be grand. Lessons learned this year anyway. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Instead of starting another thread I'll just ask here. Does anyone have any info for on-campus accommodation during the repeats? I thought I read something here about one of the villages offering something like €25 a night?

Instead of starting another thread I'll just ask here. Does anyone have any info for on-campus accommodation during the repeats? I thought I read something here about one of the villages offering something like €25 a night?
    I think the guy that's incharge of it is Damien O' Grady: 061234178

It's in Dromroe, I rang him yesterday but I didn't get a reply (it was 10 past 5 so fair enough :pac:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Daniel S wrote: »
    I think the guy that's incharge of it is Damien O' Grady: 061234178

It's in Dromroe, I rang him yesterday but I didn't get a reply (it was 10 past 5 so fair enough :pac:).

Can I ask where you got the number from?

Must sort this out tomorrow. :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Can I ask where you got the number from?

Must sort this out tomorrow. :)
    Dromroe office. I haven't organised it yet, but I should be staying monday to thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Spectre92

Local_Chap wrote: »
    If you get a F in either of your two exams then you cannot proceed to the next year. You would need to do a link in module. However,two D2's would be enough for you to pass,providing it was two F's you got the last time you did them

Are you sure D grades are sufficient in Repeat Exams so long as your QCA is greater than 2.0???

D's even in the repeats???

As long as your QCA is above 2.0 and you have no F's after the repeats, you're clear to continue to the next year.

Is it true the results will be out at 9.a.m on Monday the 10th? Thats the day college starts? What are we meant to do, just assume you've passed and book accommodation and stuff?

• Advertisement

I think that's the idea alright, wish we got them the day before in case we failed any, it'd be pretty sickening to fail one on the day we're supposed to start.

Yeah they should really be out a bit earlier, or else the exams should be earlier in August, pure joke that you don't actually know until the first day.

A girl that was meant to be living with me last year had all her stuff moved into Dromroe, then had to pack up and leave after the repeat results.

Luckily, I know I'm failing the repeats and will be linking in, so have to book accommodation either way. :cool:

Last year the results were due out the first Monday back but came out previous Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Spectre92

Last year the results were due out the first Monday back but came out previous Friday.
    Will that be the same for this year?
    It seems ridiculous the deadline in the student year academic calender says the deadline for correcting them is the 3rd of September yet we'd have to wait till the 10th to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 laurabee

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    A girl that was meant to be living with me last year had all her stuff moved into Dromroe, then had to pack up and leave after the repeat results.

Luckily, I know I'm failing the repeats and will be linking in, so have to book accommodation either way. :cool:

Could someone explain what link ins are?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

laurabee wrote: »

If you have failed one or more of your modules after repeats, you cannot progress to the next year. There is an option to link-in (repeat) these modules alone rather than repeating the whole academic year. These would be the only lectures/labs on your timetable and for exams and you only pay per module. you are still registered as a student but would have a lot of free time and maybe even a whole semester off. You would then progress on to the next year providing your QCA is above 2.0

laurabee wrote: »

Just to add on to what Agent_99 said, the cost of each link-in depends on your department. In CSIS for example I paid 568 euro per module.

And if you're in receipt of a grant, you'd have to defer it for the year and (assuming you're still eligible) resume it when you return to your course proper.

The link-in modules are not capped, so you can get higher than a C3 in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cailin_Eile

onthebhoys wrote: »
    Hi, I have a qca of 1.96 so I'm doing 2 repeat exams. If I pass one but fail the other repeat surely my qca will be greater than 2.00 and I will be able to pass the year? This ever happen to anyone?

I'm not sure you will get away with any D's in your repeats. I could be wrong. You will be capped at C3 which is 2.0. In order to get your whole QCA above 2.0 you will likely need a C3 in both subjects to carry it over.

Try using the QCA calculator on the UL website just to be certain.

Advertisement