Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast/brunch places?

Options
  • 23-08-2012 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Coming up to Dublin for the match on Sunday with wife, she doesn't really have much interest in the game so want to take her out for breakfast/brunch beforehand to make it up to her, prob be up around 11 or so, any idea's of places would be great..and no preference as to what we have either!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bram's in Marino - walking distance to Croke Park too.
    Open from 9am on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Kennedy's in Fairview is another option. Open from 10am on Sundays and a 5 minute walk to Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

Go to Herb street in Grand Canal Dock. Great place!

When your finished check out the Tall ships as they leave Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 c_murph

Anderson's Creperie in Drumcondra is great - very handy for the Hogan Stand side too - http://www.andersons.ie

The breakfast crepe is delicious and will definitely keep you going through the end of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Cheers for all the ideas, Andersons sounds very promising at the min!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Andersons is the only spot that has been recommended that I have been to - and it is excellent, nice atmosphere, good choice on menu, friendly staff, and food is lovely

Have heard great things about Brams also - but have yet to try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

The Village Café in Rathmines does the best eggs I have ever eaten. And they also have the nicest staff
    Good menu for lunch and dinner too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I've just been to Andersons, at the recommendation of some in the thread. It was a bit of a journey, and considering there's a match on today which made it even more of an ordeal to get to, we were ready to eat a horse when we got there.

We are disappoint. The food is a bit pricey especially considering you're not even in the city centre. The crepes we got were pretty average. We both got the breakfast crepes. It was fine really, but based on that for the price, we wouldn't be going back.

If you like crepes, I suggest going to Lemon on Dawson St, for a slightly cheaper more filling and tastier alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Anyone know anywhere decent in the Ranelagh/Donnybrook/Ballsbridge area? I've got some friends here at the weekend and don't want to take them to Eddie Rockets for breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Cinnemon in Ranelagh does some might fine eggs benedict

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

Try the Bleecker Street cafe on Dorset street for future matches. It's walkable from Croke park, or has parking around Temple, or Eccles street.

Nice breakfast, Nice price, Nice atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere decent in the Ranelagh/Donnybrook/Ballsbridge area? I've got some friends here at the weekend and don't want to take them to Eddie Rockets for breakfast.

Lots of places: Rolys, Butcher Grill, Dillingers... I think Butcher Grill might be my favourite though - you can always get a seat and the food is nyom (same owners as Dillingers but somehow better!).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I don't usually go to restaurants like l'Gueuleton on Fade St ( http://www.lgueuleton.com/ ) but ended up there around 12:30 on Saturday.

They had a lovely brunch menu. Lots of tasty stuff I'd consider borderline Irish Breakfast (black pudding, eggs, sausages) but laid out nice and fancy like. I thought it'd have been expensive but the prices seemed reasonable for a (what I think of as a) posh place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

YumCha wrote: »
    Lots of places: Rolys, Butcher Grill, Dillingers... I think Butcher Grill might be my favourite though - you can always get a seat and the food is nyom (same owners as Dillingers but somehow better!).

By coincidence I was reading about Butchers Grill last night when I was looking at steak houses to go to. It looks awesome. Didn't realise it was a breakfast place as well.

Advertisement