Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cover up or removal

Options
  • 23-08-2012 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have an all black tattoo on my bicep which i wish to either cover up or remove. Of course I would much rather cover it up. Im not so bothered If i need to cover my entire upper arm once it is covered. Its not even a bad tattoo I actually always get compliments but its for personal reasons . Ill post a pic of the tattoo in question. Any and all advice welcome

http://i48.tinypic.com/2r77gqf.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 whatUsaying?

I'd say cover it up. A good artist could draw around it and make a nice tribal piece or something to that effect. Only thing is though you would more than likely have a large black area in the middle of it.

What were you hoping to cover it up with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

I'd say cover it up. A good artist could draw around it and make a nice tribal piece or something to that effect. Only thing is though you would more than likely have a large black area in the middle of it.

What were you hoping to cover it up with?

Id turn it into a half sleeve if necessary....id just like to have it covered or removed...although i should have mentioned i dont like tribals,,Maori are cool though..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 whatUsaying?

I don't really like tribals either, they wouldn't be a personal choice. I've just seen tribal pieces done before as cover ups because you can black out areas.

If you are looking to get a maori piece done I would recommend Michele @ http://www.dublinarttattoo.com/ he did my fathers maori half sleeve and my own sleeve which is black and grey roses (far from finished though). He ain't the cheapest but is good at maori.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu88/dezagga/tattoo_heart_sketch2black_w.gif

perhaps something of similar shape and colour would cover it well??..any advice again is welcome

Im surprised at the lack of the responses?? usually boards is quite good for things like this..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

Any cover up would be very dark and would be very obvious as a cover up. I'd recommend getting a couple of laser sessions on the tattoo first just to lighten it up quite a bit. that way any tattoo you want over the area won't be as restrictive and you'd have a lot more choice as to what you'd like to get there rather than just settling for something because it works as a cover up. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I'd agree with piercingdanny def get a few blasts of laser removal to lighten up the area before getting new tattoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

You need to laser that before covering. A panther head would be rad.

Advertisement