Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

naturallyirish.ie

Options
  • 23-08-2012 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

does anyone know if theses are the same people that ran topgifts.ie. Am owed money from topgifts for vouchers and would like to pay theses a visit if there the same shower.
    Also anyone any recent news on togifts.ie

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

harolds57 wrote: »
    does anyone know if theses are the same people that ran topgifts.ie. Am owed money from topgifts for vouchers and would like to pay theses a visit if there the same shower.
    Also anyone any recent news on togifts.ie

Thanks

Topgifts are in liquidation and was a limited company. You cannot visit / threaten anyone in another company in relation to an issue with a liquidated compnay no matter how you feel and no matter what the connection is.

The only point of contact for you is the liquidator and if you have any issues that need to be taken up with the former directors, it can only be done through the liquidator.

A lot of people got stung by TopGifts - some in multiple thouands of euro. If you paid by credit card / visa debit, you would be able to claim back from the card, but otherwise, the money is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭harolds57

Thanks for that, but your jumping to conclusion very quickly there, and wrongly. No one said anything about threaten anyone.
    But i disagree with you about visting them if they were a director of the company that went bust. I feel that they might be able to answer one or two questions i have, at the end of the day they can ask me to leave which isnt a problem.
    The liquidator wasnt able to do anything for me, no money in the company. Yet these people are free to trade in another company. They dont owe me that much compared to what i have read they owe to other people, but maybe my charm and persuasion skills might be good enough to get back what they owe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Thanks for that, but your jumping to conclusion very quickly there, and wrongly. No one said anything about threaten anyone.
    But i disagree with you about visting them if they were a director of the company that went bust. I feel that they might be able to answer one or two questions i have, at the end of the day they can ask me to leave which isnt a problem.
    The liquidator wasnt able to do anything for me, no money in the company. Yet these people are free to trade in another company. They dont owe me that much compared to what i have read they owe to other people, but maybe my charm and persuasion skills might be good enough to get back what they owe me.

They don't owe you anything, your owed money by topgifts.ie which no longer exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭harolds57

Your right natuarllyirish.ie dont owe me anything, but if <SNIP> his wife <SNIP> or her sister <SNIP> is running this company i would like to drop out and have a chat with them as they were the directors of topgifts.ie.
    But thanks for all the advice so far, maybe i should have put please keep on topic in my first post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

But once a company is liquidated, the directors are no longer directors and as a limited company they have protection and can set up again.

If they did anything untoward, it is the liquidators job to bring them to book, not yours.

It was a nasty liquidation and it left a lot of people burnt, but if you or anyone calls up to a seperate company, even with the same directors and start words with them, they can have you arrested.

Don't think I'm taking their side - they <SNIP> and the liquidator has not finished his report - the ODCE does not take kindly to bad liquidations and is well known to bring directors to book for mis dealings.

But you, me or any other person who had a voucher cannot do anything except to accept it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement