Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodworking community workshop/ facilities in Cork City

Options
  • 23-08-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I did construction studies for the leaving cert 5 years ago, and since have gone on to do engineering in UCC. I'd a real love for the woodworking side of the subject but haven't gone near a woodworking project since.

Does anyone know of any facilities in the Cork city area such as a community workshop or anything like that, where equipment would be available for people looking to pursue the hobby to use?

Not having the money or the space for my own equipment means I've prevented from getting back into what was an incredibly enjoyable pastime!

Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I did construction studies for the leaving cert 5 years ago, and since have gone on to do engineering in UCC. I'd a real love for the woodworking side of the subject but haven't gone near a woodworking project since.

Does anyone know of any facilities in the Cork city area such as a community workshop or anything like that, where equipment would be available for people looking to pursue the hobby to use?

I know Meitheal Mara do community based woodworking for their boat building so they might be a good start for information - worth calling into if you've never been - it's a cool place. There in Crosses Green, just at the back of the Beamish site.

http://www.meithealmara.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ilikesleeves

Ah brilliant man, had seen that place but didn't realise what it was, will definitely check it out!

Advertisement