Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popcorn flavouring

Options
  • 23-08-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen anything like these tubs of different popcorn flavourings in ireland? Im trying to wean myself off the microwave stuff that has a gazillion calories and onto air popped which is pretty bland on its own.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm pretty sure a boardsie bought similar from Amazon a while back. I'll try to find the post about it.

edit: Here's them on amazon.co.uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=popcorn+seasoning&tag=googiehydra-21&index=aps&hvadid=3948392370&ref=pd_sl_443rwppg2w_b

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Cheers although is there anything like these in the supermarkets here? I think they'd do great as air popped corn is so low in calories compared to the microwaved stuff but the microwaved bags taste sooooo much nicer unfortunately. Id definitely buy low calorie flavourings if i could.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I doubt you'll find it in supermarkets. It wouldn't have much of a market here. You might be able to persuade one of the American confectionary shops to order it in for you, but I'm guessing you'd have to agree to buy it in bulk.

Be aware that you'll need an oil mister too if you're air popping - the flavourings won't stick otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭0scar

I bought these on adverts, they arrived today, looking forward to sampling later! Don't know if they do the individual larger sizes, but good to try & then maybe get some online somewhere:

http://www.adverts.ie/kitchen-appliances/kernel-seasons-gourmet-popcorn-kit-spicy-and-savoury/3031401

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I read before that most cinema popcorn is made with coconut oil. Coconut oil is regarded by many as very healthy, as well as making the best popcorn I ever made. The oil is solid at room temp and melts in your mouth or at around 28C. This gives if a very nice mouthfeel.

It is high in calories of course, but some find it really satisfies hunger so you end up eating less over the day. Some eat tablespoons of coconut oil just for health benefits, I prefer cooking with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I must try making popcorn with coconut oil,so far my favourite popping oil is a mixture of rapeseed, sesame seed with just a spoon of butter thrown it too!

Advertisement