Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant not registered with health board

Options
  • 23-08-2012 11:45am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi, I was in negotiations re taking over the lease of a restaurant. However the agent of the leasee has in the last week being pressuring to sign re keymoney of €30k. As far as I can see from previous threads this is a thing of the past and from speaking to experienced restauranteurs I should negotiate which I am doing. However he rung me today after my solicitor asked for a health cert and fire cert and advised that they don't need a fire cert and will explain why and they never registered with the health board. This is very suspicious. Surely dispite operating for a few years this is against the law?:confused: Anyways I am told him that I ain't going ahead and where he can go with the keymoney.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

walk away, theres a million sites out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

micromary wrote: »
    Hi, I was in negotiations re taking over the lease of a restaurant. However the agent of the leasee has in the last week being pressuring to sign re keymoney of €30k. As far as I can see from previous threads this is a thing of the past and from speaking to experienced restauranteurs I should negotiate which I am doing. However he rung me today after my solicitor asked for a health cert and fire cert and advised that they don't need a fire cert and will explain why and they never registered with the health board. This is very suspicious. Surely dispite operating for a few years this is against the law?:confused: Anyways I am told him that I ain't going ahead and where he can go with the keymoney.

Is the restaurant currently trading? They should have a health cert! you can call your local HSE environmental officer and ask them. Not sure about the Fire Cert? depents where the restaurant is located i think? but yeah the key money demand in a joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Thx for the replies. I have run a mile on that one! I have run a bistro abroad but have now come back to Ireland. I got a call re a going concern that is looking to sell for personal reasons. It is a beautiful place which is operation at the moment in North Dublin. It is fully fitted out and the kitchen when I saw it is immaculate with good sized commercial fridge and freezer etc. If interested I can take out the new lease which will mean buying the equipment + furnishings & fittings for €35k. I realise after a previous thread that there is a bit of controvery re keymoney but if you are taking over the lease and buying the contents would people think it was a fair deal:confused:.

Advertisement