Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Care

Options
  • 23-08-2012 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

I re-homed a bearded dragon a while back, anyway her claws are getting a bit out of control. Anyone any tips on the best way to trim them, I think I am going to have to wrap her up when doing it. As any time I have a good look at them she is not impressed and starts to pull her limb away; this will be my first time trimming them so any help is welcome. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

iv never had to clip any of my beardies nails (10 beardies )
    i usually keep a large flat stone or tile in with them so when they walk on it keep the nails perfect ,
    any pics of the beardies nails to get an idea of how long they actually are?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

You can just try putting her down on your lap and doing them one at a time, if she struggles back off and let her calm down before going at it again. Be careful though because if you cut too deep they can bleed, generally you only want to cut the sharp point, you'll see the clear bit at the back where the nail joins the skin.

Or as autocann said, you can get a bit of slate etc. and this will keep her nails in order and it is a lot safer and less stressful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Cheers guys, thanks for the replies. I got about half them cut but she was getting a bit p!ssed off so I left it. I'll finish it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RossPaws

I had this problem with my beardie, her nails were out of control because she doesn't agree with exercise. :rolleyes:

I usually take her on my lap if I think they look bad and just use a human nail file to file them down one by one. It's a bit of a job, but easier than cutting if you're too nervous to do that (as I was at the time, and still am depending on the day!)

Advertisement